• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W m15-3 holster choices, and for my 5" .45

Mordis

imported post

Well, as is headerd by my title, i have a a 4" .38 m15-3 that is my other primary carry pistol. The open bottomed blackwidow is just starting to get annoying after only 4 years of carrying in it. I dislike the barrel not being covered, since it helps protect the finish if i scrape up against something. I would like some good choices in 3 flavors.

1 Owb that can be worn from 3-500,
2 Iwb
3 iwb tuckable.

Im a big man and have love handles so that may be a factor.

Secondly, i have a Springfield armory milspec, and wear it in either a uncle mikes kydex holster, or a galco combat master. I dislike the kydex one becuase of its horrid adjustment range, and it sits low.
My dislike of the galco, is becuase it is very low and difficult to conceal, requiring me to get very very long shirts.

Secondly, i know i asked this before, but has anyone ever had a 1911 problem where the hammer digs into the love handles, and how did you fix it. I was thinking of getting a aftermarket hammer and beaver tail and having them installed and see if that helps out anybit. .

Any suggestions are welomed.

Mordis

imported post

I know i asked about the .45 before, and becuase of some life issues that came up shortly there after i was unable to do any modifactions to the gun, but now am able to.

Im sorry to those that browse this forum if my question was not formatted correctly or wasted anyones time.

Rickster

imported post

I have a Springfield Armoury 1911 a1 that i have had for 20 plus years. I did have the beavertail safety changed -so not to have that bitebetween my thumb and finger.I also had a wilson combat trigger installed, it helped my shooting but not the werability. After doing the cheap route (Buying cheap holsters/used) I bought a Kramer Leather Holster -IWB with FBI tilt for my .45 and a wilderness Instructor Belt. This fixed my problem and i was comfortable and didnt have that Love Handle thing going on (Im 250 lbs).

Hope this helps!