• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Marble Hill

Diver_59

imported post

It's 11:00pm July 4th and I have just returned home from an incounter with a LEO in Marble Hill, quite funny actually.

It started out, I was aprked in town wathing the traffic and it was getting late and I was about to go home...and wouldnt you know my truck wouldnt start, since I know the local sheriff I called his office to see if he could come down and give me a hand and wouldnt you know he wasnt in. But the dispatcher said she would have one of the city officers come down to where I was.

He arrived and I saw him look at my pistol I was carring but he never made any comment. he jumped my truck for me and we stood there and talked for a few minutes and I got in my truck and pulled out of the parking area.

I made a short stop at McDonalds before leaving town, I went in placed my order and I had to wait a few minutes so I sat down, well..the lady came out with my food and I thanked her and went out to my truck. As I was pulling out of my parking spot the very same city officer pulled in with another squad car behind him, both officers walked over to my car and the officer that jumped my truck told me (very politely) that I wasnt to wear my gun anymore when I went into McDonalds because it made them very nervous. I (very politely) told the officer that they didnt have thier building posted for no weapons and I also told him that I had been in McDonolds countless times while wearing my gun and that the only thing that the manager ever asked me was"are you a bounty hunter?"( I guess he thought that because I wasnt in a uniform)I just laughed and said no....

But the officer said that he didnt want any calls from them because of me wearing a gun in there. I reminded the officer that it was right to carry and that they need to post the building if they didnt want weapons in there.

Since I've known the chief of policefor several years I will have a talk with him monday morning. I dont expect any problems but I will inform him that I will continue to wear my pistol.

Article1section23

imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
It's 11:00pm July 4th and I have just returned home from an incounter with a LEO in Marble Hill, quite funny actually.

It started out, I was aprked in town wathing the traffic and it was getting late and I was about to go home...and wouldnt you know my truck wouldnt start, since I know the local sheriff I called his office to see if he could come down and give me a hand and wouldnt you know he wasnt in. But the dispatcher said she would have one of the city officers come down to where I was.

He arrived and I saw him look at my pistol I was carring but he never made any comment. he jumped my truck for me and we stood there and talked for a few minutes and I got in my truck and pulled out of the parking area.

I made a short stop at McDonalds before leaving town, I went in placed my order and I had to wait a few minutes so I sat down, well..the lady came out with my food and I thanked her and went out to my truck. As I was pulling out of my parking spot the very same city officer pulled in with another squad car behind him, both officers walked over to my car and the officer that jumped my truck told me (very politely) that I wasnt to wear my gun anymore when I went into McDonalds because it made them very nervous. I (very politely) told the officer that they didnt have thier building posted for no weapons and I also told him that I had been in McDonolds countless times while wearing my gun and that the only thing that the manager ever asked me was"are you a bounty hunter?"( I guess he thought that because I wasnt in a uniform)I just laughed and said no....

But the officer said that he didnt want any calls from them because of me wearing a gun in there. I reminded the officer that it was right to carry and that they need to post the building if they didnt want weapons in there.

Since I've known the chief of policefor several years I will have a talk with him monday morning. I dont expect any problems but I will inform him that I will continue to wear my pistol.

Hey Diver,

Did you mean to say watching the traffic? If so, you really don't have a lot going on, since you were in Marble Hill...lol. Let us know what the Chief says and what the Sheriff has to say about it, since your friends and all.

Diver_59

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Diver_59 wrote:

Hey Diver,

Did you mean to say watching the traffic? If so, you really don't have a lot going on, since you were in Marble Hill...lol. Let us know what the Chief says and what the Sheriff has to say about it, since your friends and all.
Yeah it was late in the evening and I was waiting for the city to start thier fireworks...lol yeah there isnt a lot to do in marble hill thats for sure...anyway I'll let you know what i find out. I didnt get to talk to him today I was at the hospital with my dad.

Diver_59

imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Diver_59 wrote:

Hey Diver,

Yeah it was late in the evening and I was waiting for the city to start thier fireworks...lol yeah there isnt a lot to do in marble hill thats for sure...anyway I'll let you know what i find out. I didnt get to talk to him today I was at the hospital with my dad.

I got some good new the other day about OCing in Marble Hill, it seems they had a city meeting the other day and the alderman and the city manager told the LEO that told me to stay out of McDonalds if I was OCing that I was with in my rights and they told him not to be harassing me about OCing.:celebrate

The bad news is, Micky Ds and the attachedBP station has posted the building.. so I guess they wont be getting anymore of my buisness. :(Oh well...it's thier loss!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
I got some good new the other day about OCing in Marble Hill, it seems they had a city meeting the other day and the alderman and the city manager told the LEO that told me to stay out of McDonalds if I was OCing that I was with in my rights and they told him not to be harassing me about OCing.:celebrate

The bad news is, Micky Ds and the attachedBP station has posted the building.. so I guess they wont be getting anymore of my buisness. :(Oh well...it's thier loss!
Good job taking the fight to the city council and getting them to clarify the law to the person they hired to uphold the law which he obviously didn't know in the first place and wasn't interested in learning.

Kinda makes you want to write a letter to the editor like:

Open Letter to Robbers and Thieves:

This is your lucky day. The McDonalds and BP station in Marble Hill have posted their premises as "No Legal Guns" zones. This means that you need not worry about being shot by a citizen or employee if you rob either of these localities. I provide this information simply as a public service.

People legally carrying guns do not want to have to shoot a fellow human being. If you robber and thieves stick to places that forbid the legal carry of firearms on the premises you make everyone's lives, including your own, much easier. So rob the "victim disarmament zones" and you'll have a safe getaway, we'll get a good chuckle and they will learn a valuable lesson about reality.

Diver_59

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Diver_59 wrote:

Good job taking the fight to the city council and getting them to clarify the law to the person they hired to uphold the law which he obviously didn't know in the first place and wasn't interested in learning.

Kinda makes you want to write a letter to the editor like:

Open Letter to Robbers and Thieves:

This is your lucky day. The McDonalds and BP station in Marble Hill have posted their premises as "No Legal Guns" zones. This means that you need not worry about being shot by a citizen or employee if you rob either of these localities. I provide this information simply as a public service.

People legally carrying guns do not want to have to shoot a fellow human being. If you robber and thieves stick to places that forbid the legal carry of firearms on the premises you make everyone's lives, including your own, much easier. So rob the "victim disarmament zones" and you'll have a safe getaway, we'll get a good chuckle and they will learn a valuable lesson about reality.
I just wonder what could be done legally against me if I were to write such a letter? it really makes me wonder what these buisnesses are thinking about when they post thier buildings?