• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Jackson Missouri

Diver_59

imported post

It was about 7 weeks ago, I walked into the local Mazzios for the lunch buffet one day(as usual) I was sitting on the door side of the building. I was eating my salad when the fire chief and one of his guys walks in, and right behind them where three

city police officers. Well they didnt notice I was wearing my gun until I walked up to the buffet bar and went back to my table. LOL....one of the officers walked up the front and was asking one of the waitresses if she the guy sitting over there wearing the black t-shirt and cap...she looked at me and smiled and told the officer that she knew me and that I ate in there all the time, and he said to her "well...I just wanted you to know that he was carring a gun...she laughed and said well he isnt the type of person to just open up and start shooting people.

Well...the officer went back to his table and was talking to his buddies and then got up and walked over and leaned over my table(which I thought was very rude, but I didnt say anything) finally he asked me "are you a member of law enforcement somewhere?" and I just smiled and said "no sir" and he replied I was just wondering since you are wearing that pistol. I told him I was just exercising my constitutional rights to bear arms, he replied that it's unusual to see a civilian carrying. I said "I'm not breaking any laws" and his reply was "I didnt say you were doing anything illegal" and I asked why he thought it was necessary to talk to me about my weapon if I wasnt bothering anyone and I wasnt doing anything illegal?

He said it was necessary to check out everyone they saw with a weapon, I told him that if he wanted to check me out he could over the Cape County sheriffs office and talk to sheriff Jordan since the sheriff has known me longer than I care to admit...LOL

I said he can tell you all about me, and the officer just walked away and didnt say anything else. I have other stories, a couple of them pretty funny. I'll post them later.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
he replied that it's unusual to see a civilian carrying.
You should have asked him which branch of the military he and his coworkers were active in?

Indeep-Cop

imported post

I can see the humor in tis one! LOL!

BUT......we don't wanna give 'em any OTHER reasons to "Chat"!

Some cops are pricks! :shock:

Indeep-Cop

imported post

I DO stand corrected! I just hate my re-entry code!

Yes DD214= discharged

Reason for separation? That's a whole other story! :uhoh:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am very much interested in hearing more stories about OC in Jackson. I'm usually in Cape, obviously CC due to ordinance, and am typically CC when I run to Jackson and it is not usually worth changing over to OC for my typically brief trips there. I have OC in Jackson a few times though without incident.

As long as we have an "OC in Jackson" thread I am curious about one issue. I recently heard a "friend of a friend of a friend" story about LEO responding to someone OC in the Jackson Walmart. Anybody with a better source know of issues at the Jackson Walmart before I OC there again?

Indeep-Cop

imported post

Yes sir.

the majority of Wal-Marts A.K.A. "Wally World" DO have police officers and even an annex (Small PD office) within the building. The one at 40 Hwy &Blue Ridge Blvd.is such.

I, in plain clothes will walk in & out OC without any problems as of yet. I've done this many times. The only problem I can see is the typical "Insighting Panic" B.S. you may receive, BUT you cannot be arrested!

Only asked to leave the premesis.

I will certainly keep all posted while I "Off duty OC" looking for my first incident.

I am testing the system!

Have a nice day! :D

Diver_59

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I am very much interested in hearing more stories about OC in Jackson. I'm usually in Cape, obviously CC due to ordinance, and am typically CC when I run to Jackson and it is not usually worth changing over to OC for my typically brief trips there. I have OC in Jackson a few times though without incident.

As long as we have an "OC in Jackson" thread I am curious about one issue. I recently heard a "friend of a friend of a friend" story about LEO responding to someone OC in the Jackson Walmart. Anybody with a better source know of issues at the Jackson Walmart before I OC there again?

I have OC in Jackson walmart almost everytime i have been in Jackson..I have been approached by one associate about my OC she asked if I was a LEO and I told her no...and she told me that I wasnt allowed to carry in the store. And I reminded her that according to state regulation that the store had to be properly posted for no weapons. One store manager approached me ( I have known this manager for several years) he saw me in the store OC and he told me that he had talked to the police about OC and they told him the same thing...that the store had to be posted for no weapons, he also told me that he called the walmart corporate office about posting the store and they told him that they did not want the store posted.

I have also OC in the city of Cape and have never been approached by any LEO's I was told from a deputy friend of mine that there were no ordinace against OC in Cape. But I have never spoken to the PD in Cape directlyabout OCing in Cape.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
he also told me that he called the walmart corporate office about posting the store and they told him that they did not want the store posted.
You should ask him if he thinks corporate would be happy to know that he is verbally harassing his customers instead?

Diver_59

imported post

asforme wrote:
Diver_59 wrote:
he also told me that he called the walmart corporate office about posting the store and they told him that they did not want the store posted.
You should ask him if he thinks corporate would be happy to know that he is verbally harassing his customers instead?
He never harassed me, he was just telling me his concerns about the associates getting upset about people OCing in the store. I have OC in the store since he talked to me and nothing else was ever said (at least not to me)

Indeep-Cop

imported post

HA!

Someone finally looked up RsMO.031!! And straightened it out.

Key here is look for the "Posted" signs. Hell I will CC even if it says NO FIREARMS. Some jackass who decides he hates his parents and loves Marylin Manson won't get off but maybe 1 or 2 before I end it! Remember the "Mall Shooting(s)?

That's my outlook. Anyone with me? :uhoh:

Diver_59

imported post

Indeep-Cop wrote:
HA!

Someone finally looked up RsMO.031!! And straightened it out.

Key here is look for the "Posted" signs. Hell I will CC even if it says NO FIREARMS. Some jackass who decides he hates his parents and loves Marylin Manson won't get off but maybe 1 or 2 before I end it! Remember the "Mall Shooting(s)?

That's my outlook. Anyone with me? :uhoh:
I agree!.....whole heartedly!!!!!:celebrate

Article1section23

imported post

Diver_59 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
I have OC in Jackson walmart almost everytime i have been in Jackson..I have been approached by one associate about my OC she asked if I was a LEO and I told her no...and she told me that I wasnt allowed to carry in the store. And I reminded her that according to state regulation that the store had to be properly posted for no weapons. One store manager approached me ( I have known this manager for several years) he saw me in the store OC and he told me that he had talked to the police about OC and they told him the same thing...that the store had to be posted for no weapons, he also told me that he called the walmart corporate office about posting the store and they told him that they did not want the store posted.

I have also OC in the city of Cape and have never been approached by any LEO's I was told from a deputy friend of mine that there were no ordinace against OC in Cape. But I have never spoken to the PD in Cape directlyabout OCing in Cape.

Look here http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=10505&sid=25 Article 5, section 17-98, #5.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OC is most definitely a violation of ordinance in the city of Cape.

As Shawn linked:
Sec. 17-98. Unlawful possession or use of weapons. (a)A person commits the offense of unlawful possession or use of weapons if he knowingly:
(5)Openly carries a firearm readily capable of lethal use.

[line]
I typically avoid places that have no firearms signs posted even though it is not a criminal violation to ignore them. I just don't want to patronize such places. Fortunately, it is rare to see them around here. There is only one place I go to buy certain things on occasion I cannot find elsewhere that is posted and I do carry at that business.

captainamerica

imported post

I have a note in my file that Independence was not prohibiting OC; as of mid-2006. You should seek an update directly or by online ordinance searches even though I think it's still current. If truly ok the big thing would beto know the borders of Independence and other communities that butt up against it that may not allow OC. That's what concerns me in the great Metro area versus being in the sticks of MO.

Indeep-Cop wrote:
Hi, Can you find anything on INDEPENDENCE, MO? Regarding OC?

Thanks!