• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Jackson Missouri

BroadwayXD

imported post

I have also OC in the city of Cape and have never been approached by any LEO's I was told from a deputy friend of mine that there were no ordinace against OC in Cape. But I have never spoken to the PD in Cape directly about OCing in Cape.
I havent read the exact law but i was told by the previous chief of police for cape that he was the one that wrote the law and had it placed in effect. he told me this after i helped a customer out to his truck with a rifle while open carring

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think the ordinance is far older than that.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/1238.html for some discussion of Cape's no OC ordinance. The case cite is City of Cape Girardeau v. Joyce, 884 S.W.2d 33, in which the MO Appellate Court decided that statute trumps the state constitution and that OC is indeed illegal in the City of Cape Girardeau.

BroadwayXD, the actual statute is posted above in this thread.

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
imported post

Just to answer a few questions I see on here. I go to the Wall mart on 40 hwy and blueridge atleast once a week, and always OC. I have only been aproached once, and the officer was very polite and profesional. He aproached, told me he knew OC was legal, however the greeter had gotten worried and called him over. He asked if I would mind showing ID to ease the greeters concerns that I was infact a well dressed and mannered mass murderer. I said sure, he called in, said thanks, and was on his way. Thats the only incident that I have had there.

I live in Independence off of 24 hwy, and 435. I stop at the QT on 24 and 435 on a regular basis while open carrying, and there is ALWAYS a sheriff on duty on the weekends there. They have never once said anything to me other than a polite nod, or striking up a conversation about what type of firearm I am carrying. They have NEVER said or implied anything negative about me carrying. I also carry around Independence with out incident. In fact, the only place that I have been that has given me any type of trouble, has been bass pro shop who always wants to try to force me to check my sidearm, and have a trigger lock put on it before I go shopping. Kind of Ironic and sad really....

Hope the info helps. We should get together for an OC dinner one night in-deep

Indeep-Cop

imported post

Thanks for the Dinner Invite!

Speaking of such, coincidentally, last nite; Friday actually about 3:00 am today.

After Iwent to a local bar to see a friends band play. I stopped at "Denny's"on Noland Rd. & 39th st. here in Independence, for a bite to eat. OC-ing. Was seated, and given a menu. Not more than 2 minutes later, this 19-20 yr old dish washer kid walks over and asks me "Is that a real gun"? (DUh ?) I thought about saying "No it's a BB gun you Fking Idiot" BUT being polite & knowing the laws, I replied "Sure is and I'm off duty PD" As I noticed some guy behind the counter with H-Cuffs in his belt just standing there with his arms folded. (Mr. GQ looking dude). Dishdog then asks me if I wouldn't mind leaving it in my truck as they've been robbed in the past. Apparently they had a tough time of putting 1+1 together! ?

I told him "Yea I know tha'ts why I have my weapon with me" But I was hungry and there were 2 On Duty cops across the street at QT I did notice. So I said "sure I just hope those cuffs stop shotgun rounds" & "I'll be right back".

So I go put my gun in the truck, & come back in to eat. From then on out the whole time I'm there the manager & Mr.GQ w/cuffs(LOL) are talking to me about how it might be better if I went back to go and get it just in case! I told them "Nope too late, my foods here and I'm starvin'"! Cant help ya now".

So I ate & on the way out after tipping which I couldn't beleive I did, I said:

"Thanks & have a good night, and you might consider a 12 guage under the counter to assist those cuffsas I will NEVER come back to this anti-american Hugo Chavez lovin' @#$%hole again"! Then left.

Just 1 case of having to leave it behind, or cover it which I probably should have done in the first place!

I WILL go back there & eat again next time CCW.

Will report if given any @#$% again.

Have a nice day! :banghead:

racort

imported post

Independence does not prohibit oc, in fact this city goes a step further and mandates us to be ready to assist any police officer if called upon to assist in an arrest or any other duties as needed. If you would ignore ths call, you could be charged with the crime of failing to assist police. I would take this to mean you should be prepared for this task at all times and should have all the proper equipment to assist ie: weapon, cuffs, rubber gloves etc. If a situation like this were to occur, it would most likely be only in dire asituation and your life or well being could be put at risk.

As copied from the City of Independence ords.

SEC. 12.03.003. UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPONS. Indep Mo City Ords.

A. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

2. Discharges a firearm, projectile weapon or explosive weapon or sets a spring gun; or

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm into a dwelling house, a railroad train, boat, aircraft, or motorvehicle, or any building or structure used for the assembling of people; or

10/18/05 (16174)661

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an

[align=center]angry or threatening manner; or[/align]

§12.03.003City Code, ,4

5. Possesses or discharges a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated; or

6. Discharges a firearm within one hundred (100) yards of any occupied schoolhouse, courthouse, orchurch building; or

7. Discharges or shoots a firearm at a mark, at any object, or at random, on, along or across a publichighway or discharges or shoots a firearm into any outbuilding; or

8. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place wherepeople have assembled for worship, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into anybuilding owned or occupied by any agency of the Federal government, State government, or politicalsubdivision thereof; or

9. Discharges or shoots a firearm at or from a motor vehicle, discharges or shoots a firearm at anyperson, or at any other motor vehicle, or at any building or habitable structure, unless the person waslawfully acting in self-defense; or

10. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal useinto any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored orsanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

E. Subdivisions “3”, “4”, “5”, “6”, “7”, “8”, “9” and “10 of Paragraph A of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to State law.

SEC. 12.04.005. FAILURE TO ASSIST THE POLICE.

Any police officer of the City is hereby authorized, whenever deemed necessary, to call upon any person or number of persons needed to aid in making arrests; and every person who, upon being so summoned by a police officer, shall neglect or refuse to aid in making any arrest shall be guilty of the crime of failing to assist the police.

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
imported post

I don't think there is a chance in you know what, that the "assisting the police" statute could be inforced. Don't get me wrong, I would be willing to help, but I ma not the average citizen, I have had lots of training. The average citizen as had none, and if a police officer cant handle the situation, they are going to think that they certainly cant do any better (IMO). I don't see how the city could possibly charge someone with not doing a police officers duties, when they are not a police officer. Wouldn't they be assuming a lot of responsibility? I mean if I jump in to help a police officer who requests my assistance, is the city going to pay my hospital bills if I get hurt, or shot?? What if I die, or the perp has HIV or something?? I just don't see that being plausible. any other opinions????

racort

imported post

I would say that having a leo in Independence ask for your assistance is very unlikely to happen, however, I would do what I could without hesitation, if I believed the leo was in an altercation he/she couldn't handle alone and was at risk.

I would think liability could be quite an issue with the city in a situation where this was asked of a citizen and they were injured or killed.

This ordinance was probably put on the books many years ago when gangs and punks with weapons or any serious crimes for that matterwere not a big concern in our city, back in a time where people had respect for a cop and other people in general.

Another thing to be concerned about is one's own liability if you were to assist a leo and in the process injured a suspect or even worse, had to shoot a suspect. Would the city stand behind you, provide youwith legal representation etc. when the suspects family sues you for injuries or wrongfull death.

I have had a bit of training myself, as I worked part time for security co for a number of years and had a PI license in Indep, Lees Summit and KC. The owner of the co was a former leo andfirearms instructor, whom also taught a number of other classes ie: handcuffing and restraint, the use of mace and baton etc. In KC in order to obtain a licenseyou have to pass thefirearms qualifications at the police range, but the most important part of KC's trainingwas the liability class.

After working in the jobs I did for this company, which included mostly high crime areas in KC and vip protection, interacting with all sorts of people, I have no desire to ever become a leo, and have nothing but utmost respect for what they do and the risks they take. Its a hard job and takes a special person to do it

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I think the ordinance is far older than that.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/1238.html for some discussion of Cape's no OC ordinance. The case cite is City of Cape Girardeau v. Joyce, 884 S.W.2d 33, in which the MO Appellate Court decided that statute trumps the state constitution and that OC is indeed illegal in the City of Cape Girardeau.

BroadwayXD, the actual statute is posted above in this thread.

The state statute was not properly at issue in Joyce and the Court did not say that the ordinance trumped the Constitution - but rather that a regulation requiring arms be unloaded while born was not a breach of the state constitution.

Bizarrely though, the Mo. Appeals Court cited to a Pennsylvania appeals court opinion for support, Commonwealth. v. Ray, 272 A.2d 275 (Pa. Super. 1970).

True, the Ray court upheld a state statute requiring a license to carry concealed.

Butthe Ray court actually struck down as unconstitutional the Philadelphia ordinance banning all gun carry in the City as exceeding their express powers delegated to the City by the state legislature.

And then, the Pa. S. Ct. then vacated Ray on procedural grounds holding the Commonwealth cannot appeal a trial court's final order of "not guilty,"because "where, as here, the trial court does not agree with the Commonwealth's position on a question of constitutionality or statutory construction, in order to preserve its right to appeal the Commonwealth must insure the entry of an appropriate final order. See and compare, Commonwealth v. Lodge No. 148, L.O.O.M., supra; and Commonwealth v. Arnold, 215 Pa.Super. 444, 258 A.2d 885 (1969)." Commonwalth v. Ray, 292 A.2d 410, 413 (Pa. 1972).

The Ray case is fascinating - the Philly DA was (now Senator) Arlan Specter and Richard A. Sprague was theFirst Asst. Dist. Atty, later an appeals court judge I think.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thank you for the clarification, Mike. I have been unable to find the Joyce decision online and do not have the local resources available to look it up to read its entirety. I based my comments on summaries I could find online and appreciate have correct information.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To pull this all the way back on topic:

OC'd today at the Jackson Walmart. Had one management looking employee with a clipboard walking around check me out for a minute and just walk away. Only noticed one other employee look at me and sort of scowl. Besides that, fiancee talked to 2 other employees while we were there and I don't think they even noticed. Didn't catch any looks from anyone else even while checking out. Chalk it up as a non-event.

Diver_59

imported post

deepdiver wrote:

OC'd today at the Jackson Walmart. Had one management looking employee with a clipboard walking around check me out for a minute and just walk away. Only noticed one other employee look at me and sort of scowl. Besides that, fiancee talked to 2 other employees while we were there and I don't think they even noticed. Didn't catch any looks from anyone else even while checking out. Chalk it up as a non-event.
I dont think they even look at me anymore when I'm in there...I OC when ever I go to jackson and I'm in Walmart at least ever other day sometimes everyday. I think they might be getting more used to it now.:celebrate

Diver_59

imported post

deepdiver wrote:

I got some good feedback from the thread I posted about OCing in Marble hill....it seems they had a city meeting the other day and the alderman and city manager told the cop that that told me to stay out of McDonlds if I was OCing that I was well with in my rights and he was told not to be harassing me about OCing....but on a bad note Micky Ds and the attached BP station has posted the building so I guess I wont be giving either of them anymore of my buisness. :(Oh well....its thier loss!

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

Hey all,

I have read your posts and seems there are a number of informed individuals here. I do have a question for you all. I am originally from Perryville, MO. I lived in Cape for a few years and worked in Jackson for quite a bit. I am currently here in San Antonio, TX where open carry is NOT permitted. I am awaiting on my CHL from the state of Texas. Now I travel back to Perryville a few times a year. When I get my CHL I will be allowed to carry as Texas and Missouri have reciprocity. However the Capitol has had an insane flood of CHL request in the last few months and the wait time went from 60 days to almost 6 months. We are planning a trip back home here shortly and I was wondering if any of you know about OCing in Perryville? If so I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks!

Proud member of: VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, KofC, NRA and North American Hunting Club.

WE MUST FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!

Diver_59

imported post

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:
Hey all,

I have read your posts and seems there are a number of informed individuals here. I do have a question for you all. I am originally from Perryville, MO. I lived in Cape for a few years and worked in Jackson for quite a bit. I am currently here in San Antonio, TX where open carry is NOT permitted. I am awaiting on my CHL from the state of Texas. Now I travel back to Perryville a few times a year. When I get my CHL I will be allowed to carry as Texas and Missouri have reciprocity. However the Capitol has had an insane flood of CHL request in the last few months and the wait time went from 60 days to almost 6 months. We are planning a trip back home here shortly and I was wondering if any of you know about OCing in Perryville? If so I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks!

Proud member of: VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, KofC, NRA and North American Hunting Club.

I havent been in the Perryville area for a while, so I havent had the chance to talk to anyone about thier ordinances concerning OC. But I have a good friend up there , I will give him a call and ask him to check on it for me.

racort

imported post

From the City of Perryville

Title 9 PUBLIC PEACE, MORALS AND WELFARE

Chapter 9.04 OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC PEACE AND DECENCY

9.04.010 Dangerous and concealed weapons.
[font=Arial,Arial][font=Arial,Arial]
A. It is unlawful if any person knowingly: 1. Carries concealed weapons upon or about his person a knife with a blade equal in length or longer than four inches, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; 2. Discharges any rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver or other firearm within the city limits; 3. Aims a firearm or projectile weapon at another person in an angry or threatening manner or possesses a knife, firearm, blackjack or other weapon readily capable of lethal use with the purpose to unlawfully use such weapon; 4. Possesses or discharges a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated; 5. Carries a knife, firearm, blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship, or into any school or building or other premises owned or occupied by a school district, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into any building owned or occupied by any agency of the federal government, state government, municipal government or any political subdivision thereof; 6. Sets a spring gun; 7. Discharges or shoots a firearm into a dwelling house, a railroad train, boat, aircraft or motor vehicle as defined in Section 302.010, RSMo, or any building or structure used for the assembling of people; 8. Discharges a firearm within one hundred (100) yards of any occupied school house, courthouse or church building; 9. Discharges or shoots a firearm at a mark, at any object, or at random on, along or across a public highway or discharges or shoots a firearm into any outbuilding; 10. Discharges or shoots a firearm at or from a motor vehicle, as defined in Section 302.010, RSMo; discharges or shoots a firearm at any person or at any other motor vehicle or at any building or habitable structure; unless the person was lawfully acting in self-defense; or 11. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board, including any field, arena or stadium where a school-sponsored sporting event is being held. B. The police officers of the city are authorized and directed to seize and confiscate all knives, firearms, blackjacks and all other weapons readily capable of lethal use which they shall find in the possession of any person who violates subsection A of this section. C. Any person convicted of violating any provision of this section shall be subject to forfeiture of the weapon involved in such offense. All such weapons confiscated as provided in subsection B of this section and forfeited as provided in this section shall be either destroyed by the chief of police or used by and for the police department. D. Subsections 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 of subsection A of this section shall not apply to or affect any of the following: 1. All state, county and municipal peace officers possessing the duty and power of arrest for violation of the general criminal laws of the state or for violation of ordinances of counties or municipalities of the state, whether such officers are within or outside their jurisdictions or on or off duty, or any person summoned by such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officers; 2. Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crimes; 3. Members of the armed forces or national guard while performing their official duties; 4. Those persons vested by Article V, Section 1, of the Constitution of Missouri with the judicial power of the state; 5. Any person whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal; 6. Any federal probation officer; 7. Any state probation or parole officer, including supervisors and members of the board of probation and parole; 8. Any corporate security advisor meeting the definition and fulfilling the requirements of the regulations established by the board of police commissioners under Section 84.340, RSMo; 9. Any coroner, deputy coroner, medical examiner or assistant medical examiner. E. Subsections 1, 4, 5 and 11 of subsection A of this section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a nonfunctioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subsection 1 of subsection A of this section does not apply to any person twenty-one (21) years of age or older

transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed, nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his dwelling unit or upon premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state. Subsection 11 of subsection A of this section does not apply if the firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed by a person while traversing school premises for the purposes of transporting a student to or from school or possessed by an adult for the purposes of facilitation of a school sanctioned firearm-related event. F. Subsection A of this section does not apply when the actor discharges a firearm or projectile weapon in a safe manner at a suitable firearm, air gun or archery range constructed, maintained and staffed in accordance with specifications, guidelines and recommendations of the state department of conservation. G. Subsections 1, 5 and 11 of subsection A of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Section 571.094, RSMo, or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state. H. Subsections 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 of subsection A of this section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo. I. Nothing in this section shall make it unlawful for a student to actually participate in school-sanctioned gun safety courses, student military or ROTC courses or other school sponsored firearm-related events, provided the student does not carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus or onto the premises of any other function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board. (Ord. 4514 § 1, 2004: prior code § 17-2)
[/font]
[/font]
9.04.015 Concealed weapons.
[font=Arial,Arial][font=Arial,Arial]
A. No person shall carry concealed firearms: 1. Into any police or sheriff's office or station without the consent of the chief law enforcement officer in charge of that office or station. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the office or station shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. The chief of police is hereby designated as the chief law enforcement officer for the city of Perryville, Missouri, for the purposes of this section; 2. Within twenty-five (25) feet of any polling place on any election day. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the polling place shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 3. Into the facility of any adult, juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison or jail. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any adult, juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison or jail shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 4. Into any courthouse solely occupied by the circuit court or any courtrooms, administrative offices, libraries or other rooms of any such court, whether or not such court solely occupies the building in question. This subsection shall also include, but not be limited to, any juvenile or associate division court offices or any room or office wherein any of the courts or offices listed in this subsection are temporarily conducting any business within the jurisdiction of such courts or offices, and such other locations in such manner as may be specified by supreme court rule. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any of the areas listed in this subsection shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 5. Into any meeting of the city council. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. B. Concealed weapons shall be prohibited in city buildings. No person shall unlawfully carry any weapon, as defined in Section 9.04.010 of the Code of Ordinances of the city of Perryville, Missouri, in any portion of any building owned, leased or controlled by the city of Perryville, Missouri. Persons violating this subsection shall be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building and, if their conduct meets the elements for other offenses, including, but not limited to, resisting an officer under Section 9.04.220 or trespassing under Section 9.12.060, may be deemed to have committed such misdemeanor crimes and such charges shall be referred to the prosecuting authority. Any city employee violating this subsection shall be subject to disciplinary measures. The city shall post signs on or about the premises governed by this subsection indicating that carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited. C. No person shall carry concealed weapons on, upon or within any of the following buildings within the city limits: 1. Any establishment licensed to dispense intoxicating liquor or nonintoxicating beer

for consumption on the premises, which portion is primarily devoted to that purpose, without the consent of the owner or manager. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to the licensee of the establishment. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any bona fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty (50) persons and that receives at least fifty-one (51) percent of its gross annual income from the dining facilities by the sale of food. This subsection does not prohibit the possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the establishment and shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. Nothing in this subsection authorizes any individual who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement to possess any firearm while intoxicated; 2. Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law; 3. Any institution of higher education or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the institution of higher education or the school principal or superintendent or the district school board. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any institution of higher education or elementary or secondary school facility shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 4. Any portion of a building used as a child care facility without the consent of the manager. Nothing in this subsection shall prevent the operator of a child care facility in a family home from owning or possessing a firearm or a driver's license or nondriver's license containing a concealed carry endorsement; 5. Any gated area of an amusement park. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the amusement park shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 6. Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or any person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; 7. Any private property if the owner has posted one or more signs displayed in a conspicuous place of a minimum size of eleven (11) inches by fourteen (14) inches with the writing thereon in letters of not less than one inch designating the premises as off-limits to concealed firearms. The owner, business or commercial lessee, manager of a private business enterprise, or any other organization, entity or person may prohibit persons holding a concealed carry endorsement from carrying concealed firearms on the premises and may prohibit employees not authorized by the employer holding a concealed carry endorsement from carrying concealed firearms on the property of the employer. If the building or the premises are open to the public, the employer of the business enterprise shall post signs on or about the premises if carrying a concealed firearm is prohibited. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. An employer may prohibit employees or other persons holding a concealed carry endorsement from carrying a concealed firearm in vehicles owned by the employer; 8. Any hospital accessible by the public. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of a hospital shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. D. No city employee, except police officers, shall carry or use a weapon as defined in Section 9.04.010 of the Code of Ordinances of the city of Perryville, Missouri, on city property or in any city vehicle. E. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location prohibited by this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to this section shall not be a criminal act unless the individual violating this section has otherwise violated any offense as defined in Title 9 of the Code of Ordinances of the city of Perryville, Missouri. Any person violating this section may be subject to denial of access to the premises or removal therefrom. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation in an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100.00) for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars ($200.00) and his endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00) and shall have his concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years. Upon conviction of charges arising from a citation issued pursuant to this subsection, the court shall notify the sheriff or county which issued the certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement and the department of revenue. (Ord. 4515 § 1, 2004)
[/font]
[/font]

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

Diver,

I appreciate the help. Cant wait to hear whats said!

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

racort,

Thanks for the post. I may have missed something as I was reading but I didnt see anything about open carry in there.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't read any "no OC" in there either.

I have been told that the only city in Cape Girardeau, Perry or Scott Counties where it is illegal to OC is the City of Cape Girardeau. I wish it were easier to verify that is indeed the case.

Diver_59

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I don't read any "no OC" in there either.

I have been told that the only city in Cape Girardeau, Perry or Scott Counties where it is illegal to OC is the City of Cape Girardeau. I wish it were easier to verify that is indeed the case.

I just had a conversation with a person at the Cape City Police Dept. and she informed me that there was an ordinance against OC I'm glad I can do most of buisness in Jackson where they dont mind OC so much. They still look at ya kinda funny, but thats ok with me.

X

XtremeDuty.45

imported post

your right, i didnt read anything about NO OCing either...however that doesnt mean there isnt a section on OCing as these sections deal mainly with concealed weapons. I would rather be safe and know there wasnt something I missed, than head home and OC and think I was all good and low and behold end up in some trouble because I missed a section on OCing. I do appreciate all the help so far from everyone. Thanks!