Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: OC report for Centralia 4th parade

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    So I decided I would commit to open carrying all day on the 4th, in honor of our country's great heritage of liberty, and with a nod to National Open Carry Day.

    My wife and son and some family friends and I all went to the parade. There was a big turnout, so we had to park several blocks away and walk, strong side to to the road, past families and LEOs, to find a spot to sit.

    Stood around talking for a while, people everywhere, and my gun feeling huge and conspicuous hanging out there (well it is a Hi-Point :P). But nobody said a word and nobody freaked out and ran away. And the sky did not, in fact fall.

    After the parade, we walked a different route back, and headed over to the police trailer -- our friend who was with us is a police reserve and wanted to say "hi". They didn't even bat an eye seeing me walk up with a lawfully-carried pistol.

    I'd also informed somebody from work about National Open Carry Day, and although we didn't connect, he was at the parade as well, open carrying a revolver.

    Big props to Centralia PD and the general public for making this non-issue a non-issue, just like it should be.

    It was a great day to be an American. I'm still basking in the glow of my first big public open carry. :celebrate

  2. #2
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Post imported post

    Nicely done! Yes, it really is a non-issue.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    159

    Post imported post

    Awesome, another Hi-pointer! Getting my Sig 225 today, but my Hi-point 45 is definately OC only. Went shooting in the woods with a friend yesterday, and had it on my hip for the first time. Man that thing is heavy!

    Just curious, do you carry it with a round in the chamber?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    Hi point....a heavy, ugly piece of scrap iron that reliably shoots bullets, commonly refered to as a GHETTO GLOCK

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Hi point....a heavy, ugly piece of scrap iron hat reliably shoots bullets, commonly refered to as a GHETTO GLOCK
    IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Bear-45-70/Emoticons/RoflLg.gif[/IMG] I'm glad I'm not just starting the gun thing now. Way to expensive anymore. My first carry piece was a Charter Arms Undercover 38 Special (it was for work and CC was required)and IIRCI paid about $125 full retail for it. It went to Nam with me on both tours for backup and when doing the town.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    Yup, cocked and locked. I carry with the short mag for 8+1 as the 10rd gets a bit unwieldy.

    The safety is pretty chintzy on this thing, but with a holster covering the trigger I think it's fine.

    I'm using an Uncle Mike's nylon pancake slide, which has a tendency to NOT hug my body and waggle around. I just ordered a Fobus kydex paddle which I hope will help with that, although I'll be looking critically at its retention.

    I bought it well-used, but since a trip back to the factory for service and my own "fluff-and-buff", my C-9 has functioned perfectly with varied ammo including JHP. I have no problem trusting it with my life. And I really enjoy shooting it.

    But it's bigger/heavier/uglier but has LESS capacity than its CCW counterpart Kel-Tec P-11, which is kinda silly. For that reason I'd like to upgrade to a full-size higher-capacity OC piece, when funds allow. I'll keep the Hi-Point, though. And I wouldn't mind getting one of their pistol-caliber carbines some day, either.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Hi point....a heavy, ugly piece of scrap iron that reliably shoots bullets, commonly refered to as a GHETTO GLOCK
    You got it! :celebrate

    My buddy was showing me his new AR-15 yesterday and quipped it probably weighs less than my Hi-Point.

    But it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, and that's all I ask. Well double-stack mags might be nice...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    t3rmin wrote:
    Yup, cocked and locked. I carry with the short mag for 8+1 as the 10rd gets a bit unwieldy.

    The safety is pretty chintzy on this thing, but with a holster covering the trigger I think it's fine.

    I'm using an Uncle Mike's nylon pancake slide, which has a tendency to NOT hug my body and waggle around. I just ordered a Fobus kydex paddle which I hope will help with that, although I'll be looking critically at its retention.

    I bought it well-used, but since a trip back to the factory for service and my own "fluff-and-buff", my C-9 has functioned perfectly with varied ammo including JHP. I have no problem trusting it with my life. And I really enjoy shooting it.

    But it's bigger/heavier/uglier but has LESS capacity than its CCW counterpart Kel-Tec P-11, which is kinda silly. For that reason I'd like to upgrade to a full-size higher-capacity OC piece, when funds allow. I'll keep the Hi-Point, though. And I wouldn't mind getting one of their pistol-caliber carbines some day, either.
    If you can't get the initial job done with 9 rounds then a reload cures that. Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs. IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Bear-45-70/Emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]




  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    If you can't get the initial job done with 9 rounds then a reload cures that.* Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs.
    But all else being equal, if I've got to carry 29oz (unloaded) on my belt, I'd rather it not be a "compact". Also I'd like a gun for which I can find decent holsters that don't waggle around and yank downward on my pants.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    t3rmin wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    If you can't get the initial job done with 9 rounds then a reload cures that. Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs.
    But all else being equal, if I've got to carry 29oz (unloaded) on my belt, I'd rather it not be a "compact". Also I'd like a gun for which I can find decent holsters that don't waggle around and yank downward on my pants.
    I said nothing about a smaller gun. I own a fair number of smaller in physical size firearms. But IMHO, hi-cap means one of two things.First, the carrier is not confident in their shooting skills, hence all the extra rounds. Second the carrier doesn't trust the caliber they have to get the job done with a reasonable number of hits, known as not enough bullet.

    For the yank the pants problem, regular old suspenders work or tactical suspenders, which I prefer. Holds up your pants and saves your lower back by having you carry the load on your shoulders, rather than on thebelt at your waist.

  11. #11
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    Could anyone have assumed you were LEO? Short hair, well dressed. I think it's more about how you look.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    Could anyone have assumed you were LEO? Short hair, well dressed. I think it's more about how you look.
    I'm 60+, long haired with pony tail, full beard, usually jeans and a T-shirt and sneakers or sandals, oh yeah and not skinnyand no one ever harasses me. I think it is attitude, how you carry yourself and feel about yourself and what you are doing that counts. What you project to the world around you is what matters.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    Could anyone have assumed you were LEO?* Short hair, well dressed.* I think it's more about how you look.
    I had on jeans, a striped polo, and old sneakers. Clean-cut, mid-20's, and a family in tow. Probably all points in my favor for not being harassed, but I dunno about the LEO thing. I did make an effort to just act normal, which I think I pulled off OK.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    If you can't get the initial job done with 9 rounds then a reload cures that. Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs.
    ...But IMHO, hi-cap means one of two things.First, the carrier is not confident in their shooting skills, hence all the extra rounds. Second the carrier doesn't trust the caliber they have to get the job done with a reasonable number of hits, known as not enough bullet.
    Or maybe a hi-cap is for someone/something that requires more than 9 rounds to get the job done and doesn't want tohave to take a time out for a reload.

    In all your posts I've read (and admittedly I ignore more than I read), you've never been anything close to"humble". Maybe, just maybe, a shooter prefers a gun that happens to be hi-cap for other features.

    What is wrong with having extra ammo? Nothing says you have to use it all. You say a "reload" is acceptable, but then take a dig at someone who might carry a hi-cap. How is that any different than someone who carries an extra magazine with which to reload?

    Simple math coupled with your simple mind would suggest someone with a 13+1 hi-cap (14 rounds total)must be more confident than you with 8+1 and a spare mag (17 rounds total)

    We all know that can't be right because there isn't anyone on this earth as confident in anything as you are in everything.

    I swear you come up with the stupidist $h!t

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    911Boss wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    If you can't get the initial job done with 9 rounds then a reload cures that. Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs.
    ...But IMHO, hi-cap means one of two things.First, the carrier is not confident in their shooting skills, hence all the extra rounds. Second the carrier doesn't trust the caliber they have to get the job done with a reasonable number of hits, known as not enough bullet.
    Or maybe a hi-cap is for someone/something that requires more than 9 rounds to get the job done and doesn't want tohave to take a time out for a reload.

    In all your posts I've read (and admittedly I ignore more than I read), you've never been anything close to"humble". Maybe, just maybe, a shooter prefers a gun that happens to be hi-cap for other features.

    What is wrong with having extra ammo? Nothing says you have to use it all. You say a "reload" is acceptable, but then take a dig at someone who might carry a hi-cap. How is that any different than someone who carries an extra magazine with which to reload?

    Simple math coupled with your simple mind would suggest someone with a 13+1 hi-cap (14 rounds total)must be more confident than you with 8+1 and a spare mag (17 rounds total)

    We all know that can't be right because there isn't anyone on this earth as confident in anything as you are in everything.

    I swear you come up with the stupidist $h!t
    Talk about stupid sh!t. Your theory pretty much covers it. This isn't the LA bank robbery because you don't respond to those unless you are to stupid to stay alive or are a cop. The odds of whatyou suggest happening for realwould require the carrier to be too stupid to stay alive. You don't put yourself in gang territory at night or without back up and that is pretty much the only way you would need to deal with more than 2 or 3 BGs. This is real life and this isn't a combat zone, so don't play pretend. Damn, this isn't some makebelieve video game where you can't get hurt. If you are too dumb to stay out of gang turf at night then you really should be eleminated from the gene pool. Besides that gang bangers would more than likely foldagainst that display of marksmanship where the first four rounds put two of theirs down. I carry 5 in the cylinder and ten in speed loaders and usually my secret weapon. I never expect to need the speed loaders and at the most the secret weapon will stop anything pastmy first 5 rounds. I talk real life survival thinking not your fantasy, it could happen. If it did you would more than likely die against any real attack. Using your thinking one would need a flack vest, 300 rounds of ammo, a semi auto or auto carbine and a squad to follow him around. Go ahead and carry all that ammo, I would bet it won't change the out come.

    PS: If you can't get the job don't with your initial load you needto get to the range and put 5 to 10 thousand rounds down range to improve your skills BEFORE you start carrying.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    ... I carry 5 in the cylinder and ten in speed loaders and usually my secret weapon
    ... Using your thinking one would need a flack vest, 300 rounds of ammo, a semi auto or auto carbine and a squad to follow him around. Go ahead and carry all that ammo, I would bet it won't change the out come.
    5 in the cylinder +10 in speedloaders + a "secret" weapon. How many rounds total is that? 15? 20?

    I carry 14 rounds total, and they all happen to fit in the gun at the same time. Yet somehow you think I am in a fantasy world. You then extract and assume all sorts of crazy ****, none of which was mentioned or inferred in the original post. Going off about extended battles, body armor, etc. and you chastise someone choosing a hi-cap for "carrying all that ammo" based on your own fantasy (delusion?).

    Meanwhile, by your own admission youcarry more ammo and (presumeably) a backup weapon as well. Really now, who is it that is fantasizing???

    What from "my thinking" suggested midnight excursions into gang territory or taking on bank robbers. Just how does the decision to carry a gun with greater than a 10 round capacity turn into delusions of single handedly saving the universe?

    What ifI opted for a 10 round mag or just didn't load to capacity? Would that be better? I like my carry gun, maybe I could just load the mags to 5 and carry a couple of spares. Than I would be just a good as you huh?

    I shoot about 4000-5000 rounds a year. I firmly believe if you choose to carry you should frequently practice, and not just punching holes in paper. That said, if it takes you 5k-10k rounds to develop theskill level to safely carry, I would suggest you are a little slow on the uptake.

    IMHO, "back up"weapons are for those who can't get the job done with their primary weapon, folks who chose a unreliable carry piece to start with, or those who don't train enough to be able to retain their weapon. If you can't hang on to your gun, maybe you shouldn't go wandering around in public. In real life survival, if the bad guy takes away your primary weapon, you'll be dead before you can get to your "secret" weapon. If you need additional weapons, you should travel with a squad of armed men to back you up, but the outcome will be the same.

    Are you sure you are only 60+?Usually dementia and senility don't kick in at such an early age. Maybe 60+20+, or of course it might just be batshit crazy...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    911Boss wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    ... I carry 5 in the cylinder and ten in speed loaders and usually my secret weapon
    ... Using your thinking one would need a flack vest, 300 rounds of ammo, a semi auto or auto carbine and a squad to follow him around. Go ahead and carry all that ammo, I would bet it won't change the out come.
    5 in the cylinder +10 in speedloaders + a "secret" weapon. How many rounds total is that? 15? 20?

    I carry 14 rounds total, and they all happen to fit in the gun at the same time. Yet somehow you think I am in a fantasy world. You then extract and assume all sorts of crazy @#$%, none of which was mentioned or inferred in the original post. Going off about extended battles, body armor, etc. and you chastise someone choosing a hi-cap for "carrying all that ammo" based on your own fantasy (delusion?).

    Meanwhile, by your own admission youcarry more ammo and (presumeably) a backup weapon as well. Really now, who is it that is fantasizing???

    What from "my thinking" suggested midnight excursions into gang territory or taking on bank robbers. Just how does the decision to carry a gun with greater than a 10 round capacity turn into delusions of single handedly saving the universe?

    What ifI opted for a 10 round mag or just didn't load to capacity? Would that be better? I like my carry gun, maybe I could just load the mags to 5 and carry a couple of spares. Than I would be just a good as you huh?

    I shoot about 4000-5000 rounds a year. I firmly believe if you choose to carry you should frequently practice, and not just punching holes in paper. That said, if it takes you 5k-10k rounds to develop theskill level to safely carry, I would suggest you are a little slow on the uptake.

    IMHO, "back up"weapons are for those who can't get the job done with their primary weapon, folks who chose a unreliable carry piece to start with, or those who don't train enough to be able to retain their weapon. If you can't hang on to your gun, maybe you shouldn't go wandering around in public. In real life survival, if the bad guy takes away your primary weapon, you'll be dead before you can get to your "secret" weapon. If you need additional weapons, you should travel with a squad of armed men to back you up, but the outcome will be the same.

    Are you sure you are only 60+?Usually dementia and senility don't kick in at such an early age. Maybe 60+20+, or of course it might just be bat@#$% crazy...
    I have real life experience in combat and self defense both, do you? Until then your words mean less than nothing. I'd rather have dementia that be stupid like you. Oh yeah, I don't carry a back up and never have. Never used more than 4 roundseither but hey, Hi-cap boy, you do it your way, I won't be the one getting suffering for your errors and it won't faze me in the least.

    What's the point of a hi-cap if you don't carry spare mags? What about a mag failure or a FTF because the mag has gone bad. You just die because you haven't planned ahead. I'll stick with my way, I know it works. Oh yeah, when I carried a 1911, I never had more than 8+1 in the gun, but I always had at least one spare mag if not two. I've seen mags fail, even good mags.

    I don't hear you telling me you shoot perfect scores all the time, so I will continue to assume you can't shoot and aren't bright enough to carry a spare mag.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    I have real life experience in combat and self defense both, do you? Until then your words mean less than nothing. I'd rather have dementia that be stupid like you. Oh yeah, I don't carry a back up and never have. Never used more than 4 roundseither but hey, Hi-cap boy, you do it your way, I won't be the one getting suffering for your errors and it won't faze me in the least.

    What's the point of a hi-cap if you don't carry spare mags? What about a mag failure or a FTF because the mag has gone bad. You just die because you haven't planned ahead. I'll stick with my way, I know it works. Oh yeah, when I carried a 1911, I never had more than 8+1 in the gun, but I always had at least one spare mag if not two. I've seen mags fail, even good mags.

    I don't hear you telling me you shoot perfect scores all the time, so I will continue to assume you can't shoot and aren't bright enough to carry a spare mag.

    If it fails can you really call it a "good" mag? I mean, by definition, the fact that it failed would make it bad right? Your argument for spare mags would stand for a spare gun as well. What if the first one fails? You die because you didn't plan ahead. I'm sure you have had all sort of wonderful "real life experience", at least I am sure it seemed real in your mind.

    I am pretty sure that if the words are counter to your twisted and misguided beliefs, no amount of combat or SD experienced would change your opinion.

    You make less than no sense. Hi-caps are bad, too much ammo. But you carry more ammo. Hi-caps are only good if you have extra mags. You carry speed loaders but you don't ever expect to use them. You havea "secret" weapon, but you don't carry a back up. So what pray tell is your "secret" weapon? I am pretty sure it ain't wit and charm.

    What exactly is a "Perfect score" in a self defensive shooting? I can stand and punch paper all day long and keep it in the 10 ring. That doesn't mean much when a target is shooting back. Anyone who punches holes in paper and thinks making a pretty group prepares them for a SD shooting is fooling themselves. There is a little more to it than that.

    Time for your sponge bath and meds old man...




  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    911Boss wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    I have real life experience in combat and self defense both, do you? Until then your words mean less than nothing. I'd rather have dementia that be stupid like you. Oh yeah, I don't carry a back up and never have. Never used more than 4 roundseither but hey, Hi-cap boy, you do it your way, I won't be the one getting suffering for your errors and it won't faze me in the least.

    What's the point of a hi-cap if you don't carry spare mags? What about a mag failure or a FTF because the mag has gone bad. You just die because you haven't planned ahead. I'll stick with my way, I know it works. Oh yeah, when I carried a 1911, I never had more than 8+1 in the gun, but I always had at least one spare mag if not two. I've seen mags fail, even good mags.

    I don't hear you telling me you shoot perfect scores all the time, so I will continue to assume you can't shoot and aren't bright enough to carry a spare mag.

    If it fails can you really call it a "good" mag? I mean, by definition, the fact that it failed would make it bad right? Your argument for spare mags would stand for a spare gun as well. What if the first one fails? You die because you didn't plan ahead. I'm sure you have had all sort of wonderful "real life experience", at least I am sure it seemed real in your mind.

    I am pretty sure that if the words are counter to your twisted and misguided beliefs, no amount of combat or SD experienced would change your opinion.

    You make less than no sense. Hi-caps are bad, too much ammo. But you carry more ammo. Hi-caps are only good if you have extra mags. You carry speed loaders but you don't ever expect to use them. You havea "secret" weapon, but you don't carry a back up. So what pray tell is your "secret" weapon? I am pretty sure it ain't wit and charm.

    What exactly is a "Perfect score" in a self defensive shooting? I can stand and punch paper all day long and keep it in the 10 ring. That doesn't mean much when a target is shooting back. Anyone who punches holes in paper and thinks making a pretty group prepares them for a SD shooting is fooling themselves. There is a little more to it than that.

    Time for your sponge bath and meds old man...


    You are know nitpicking words because you really don't know nears as much as you though you did. So why not go away and lick your wounds and come back when you have real answers to real issues and some real knowledge. If the best you can do is call me old then you really aren't very knowledgeable on gun subjects. If you don't know what a perfect score is for defensive handgunning or any other kind of shooting, then you really have no business carry a handgun ever.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238

    Post imported post

    I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    You are know nitpicking words because you really don't know nears as much as you though you did. So why not go away and lick your wounds and come back when you have real answers to real issues and some real knowledge. If the best you can do is call me old then you really aren't very knowledgeable on gun subjects. If you don't know what a perfect score is for defensive handgunning or any other kind of shooting, then you really have no business carry a handgun ever.
    Spell check is your friend, even if it doesn't have combat experience...

    Calling you old was just an easy cheap shot and more of an after thought. The other information in the posts was much better at tearing your "logic" apart. You just chose to ignore it.

    Why do you even care what I think or have business doing? You seem to think you are so superior and I (along with most everyone else)am so stupid, why do youeven bother to reply?

    You should just go back to talking to yourself. Probably better for your blood pressure...

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    Argh. My thread! :quirky

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?
    My argument isn't overa word.

    I just get tired of those who have to talk smack on others to inflate themselves and use every opportunity to belittle or demean others who have different opinions. In this case a blanket statement that someone who uses a hi-cap must be a poor shooter. Itturns to words when the poster's own nonsensical drivel contradicts his own statements.

    Of course his spelling and grammar errors (along with the occasional missing word) just adds to his "compelling" argument. I honestly don 't know why this skilled wordsmith hasn't converted everyone.

    Isuppose I could just ignore such posts, but I was raised that ignoring ignorance only assures that it will flourish. I'll also admit that Bear is so predictable that I get a certain amount of entertainment from it.


  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?
    How the hell do you figure I started anything? He starts out cussing at me and calling my clearly marked "OPINION" crap. Blame the right guy this time and stay off my ass for once. Your bias is showing.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    t3rmin wrote:
    Argh. My thread! :quirky
    Yes it is. Glad you had a good experience. Lots of folks talk smack about the Hi-Points. Funny thing is everyone who has actually had one sure seems to like them. Just another case of "It ain't what I choose, so I have to tear it down to justify my choice or feel better about myself". Ugly they may be, but function is what is important for a firearm. Evidently ugly is only bad when it is combined with a low price. There are some really ugly HK's and FN's out there, but since they cost 6x what a Hi-Point does, it is ok.

    I've got guns by Walther, HK, Winchester, Mossberg, Ruger, Sig, Glock, S&W, Kimber, Savage, and even a Hi-Point carbine. Some may be prettier than others, some may have better fit and finish, more complex designs, etc. but every single one has proven itself reliable.

    Not everyone has the money to get a collection or even has an interest in one. Some folks just want a gun for protection and choose one based on what is important to them. This frequently includes price. I don't consider anyone to be a lessor person or shooter based on what they choose to carry.

    If you decide you want to go with something smaller or with higher capacity, go for it. Get it, test it, make sure it is reliable and then carry it. Don't let some fool tell you you are an idiot or don't know what you are doing based on your preference for a particular firearm.

    Lots of folks believe Chocolate is the best ice cream there is. Believing something doesn't make it so. That is why we have vanilla, strawberry, and everything else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •