• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for Centralia 4th parade

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You are know nitpicking words because you really don't know nears as much as you though you did. So why not go away and lick your wounds and come back when you have real answers to real issues and some real knowledge. If the best you can do is call me old then you really aren't very knowledgeable on gun subjects. If you don't know what a perfect score is for defensive handgunning or any other kind of shooting, then you really have no business carry a handgun ever.

Spell check is your friend, even if it doesn't have combat experience...

Calling you old was just an easy cheap shot and more of an after thought. The other information in the posts was much better at tearing your "logic" apart. You just chose to ignore it.

Why do you even care what I think or have business doing? You seem to think you are so superior and I (along with most everyone else)am so stupid, why do youeven bother to reply?

You should just go back to talking to yourself. Probably better for your blood pressure...

911Boss

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?
My argument isn't overa word.

I just get tired of those who have to talk smack on others to inflate themselves and use every opportunity to belittle or demean others who have different opinions. In this case a blanket statement that someone who uses a hi-cap must be a poor shooter. Itturns to words when the poster's own nonsensical drivel contradicts his own statements.

Of course his spelling and grammar errors (along with the occasional missing word) just adds to his "compelling" argument. I honestly don 't know why this skilled wordsmith hasn't converted everyone.

Isuppose I could just ignore such posts, but I was raised that ignoring ignorance only assures that it will flourish. I'll also admit that Bear is so predictable that I get a certain amount of entertainment from it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I have to ask: Why is it that every time someone posts a positive OC story there has be some sort of stupid argument...over...what? A word?
How the hell do you figure I started anything? He starts out cussing at me and calling my clearly marked "OPINION" crap. Blame the right guy this time and stay off my ass for once. Your bias is showing.

911Boss

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
Argh. My thread! :quirky

Yes it is. Glad you had a good experience. Lots of folks talk smack about the Hi-Points. Funny thing is everyone who has actually had one sure seems to like them. Just another case of "It ain't what I choose, so I have to tear it down to justify my choice or feel better about myself". Ugly they may be, but function is what is important for a firearm. Evidently ugly is only bad when it is combined with a low price. There are some really ugly HK's and FN's out there, but since they cost 6x what a Hi-Point does, it is ok.

I've got guns by Walther, HK, Winchester, Mossberg, Ruger, Sig, Glock, S&W, Kimber, Savage, and even a Hi-Point carbine. Some may be prettier than others, some may have better fit and finish, more complex designs, etc. but every single one has proven itself reliable.

Not everyone has the money to get a collection or even has an interest in one. Some folks just want a gun for protection and choose one based on what is important to them. This frequently includes price. I don't consider anyone to be a lessor person or shooter based on what they choose to carry.

If you decide you want to go with something smaller or with higher capacity, go for it. Get it, test it, make sure it is reliable and then carry it. Don't let some fool tell you you are an idiot or don't know what you are doing based on your preference for a particular firearm.

Lots of folks believe Chocolate is the best ice cream there is. Believing something doesn't make it so. That is why we have vanilla, strawberry, and everything else.

Bear 45/70

imported post

911Boss wrote:
t3rmin wrote:
Argh. My thread! :quirky

Yes it is. Glad you had a good experience. Lots of folks talk smack about the Hi-Points. Funny thing is everyone who has actually had one sure seems to like them. Just another case of "It ain't what I choose, so I have to tear it down to justify my choice or feel better about myself". Ugly they may be, but function is what is important for a firearm. Evidently ugly is only bad when it is combined with a low price. There are some really ugly HK's and FN's out there, but since they cost 6x what a Hi-Point does, it is ok.

I've got guns by Walther, HK, Winchester, Mossberg, Ruger, Sig, Glock, S&W, Kimber, Savage, and even a Hi-Point carbine. Some may be prettier than others, some may have better fit and finish, more complex designs, etc. but every single one has proven itself reliable.

Not everyone has the money to get a collection or even has an interest in one. Some folks just want a gun for protection and choose one based on what is important to them. This frequently includes price. I don't consider anyone to be a lessor person or shooter based on what they choose to carry.

If you decide you want to go with something smaller or with higher capacity, go for it. Get it, test it, make sure it is reliable and then carry it. Don't let some fool tell you you are an idiot or don't know what you are doing based on your preference for a particular firearm.

Lots of folks believe Chocolate is the best ice cream there is. Believing something doesn't make it so. That is why we have vanilla, strawberry, and everything else.
If I was you I'd heed your advice.

911Boss

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Hi-caps are for the poor shooter, like LEOs.

This is a blanket statement with no supporting factual basis. It was not "clearly marked opinion". It is a derogatory and demeaning statement.

While it certainly is opinion (and a pretty poor one at that), you presented it as a statement, not as opinion.

My opinion is that you are a fool. Judging by the PM's I have received since joining this forum when we have our little spats, it seemsabout6 out of 7 people agree with me.

**UPDATE** It is now 7 out of 8....

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
How the hell do you figure I started anything? He starts out cussing at me and calling my clearly marked "OPINION" crap. Blame the right guy this time and stay off my ass for once. Your bias is showing.
Uh, I said "someone". I don't give a damn who.

911Boss

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
If I was you I'd heed your advice.
Do me a favor Boor, don't support me.

Besides, you obviously disagree as you were the one that said hi-caps are for people who can't shoot.

PS - Yes I did mean "Boor", as in "Boorish" ( http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=boorish ). It is a clever word play combining your screen name and propensity for spelling errors...

holeinhead

imported post

Holy crap, can we cut the bickering? :(

If Hi-caps are for you go for it. If not, fine. Who cares?! Go with what is comfortable and reliable for you. If you want to argue the point, please don't hijack someone's thread about a plesant OC experience.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Uh, I said "someone". I don't give a damn who.
Lonnie, you need to talk to the name calling, without answers young fool that knows everything this time.

Bear 45/70

imported post

holeinhead wrote:

If Hi-caps are for you go for it. If not, fine. Who cares?! Go with what is comfortable and reliable for you. If you want to argue the point, please don't hijack someone's thread about a plesant OC experience.
What is with you guys and this pure thread nonsense? You must never have had a conversation with a real human being. Conversations move on and morph, they never stay static.
rolleyes.gif

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

t3rmin, glad to hear that you had a good experience open carrying in Lewis County. I was born and raised there, and back in the 70's Sheriff Weister would have thrown any open carriers in the pokey. It's nice to know that things are changing there!

As for the rest of this thread, it's a perfect example of why we need more moderators. Grow up, guys. (you know who you are.)

Sea_Chicken

imported post

It really doesent matter how many rounds you have i sometimes carry a taurus 38 spl that only holds 5 and sometimes i carry my xd 40 that takes 12 rd mags. It doesent matter how much or little ammo you carry use what your comfortable with i'm positive i wont need more than one two rounds for peace of mind but it's nice to have the extra peace of mind in ten more rounds.

ghosthunter

imported post

I agree, who cares? My Sigma came with two 16 round mags and two more free from SW. Guess What... I carry 16 rounds. Not doing so is like going on a trip with a half tank of gas.

Have a great day.:)

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
holeinhead wrote:

What is with you guys and this pure thread nonsense? You must never have had a conversation with a real human being. Conversations move on and morph, they never stay static.
rolleyes.gif

Conversation:

"

A conversation is communication by two or more people, or by one's self. Conversations are the ideal form of communication in some respects, since they allow people with different views of a topic to learn from each other. A speech, on the other hand, is an oral presentation by one person directed at a group.

Those engaging in conversation naturally relate the other speaker's statements to themselves, and insert themselves (or some degree of relation to themselves, ranging from the replier's opinions or points to actual stories about themselves) into their replies. For a successful conversation, the partners must achieve a workable balance of contributions. A successful conversation includes mutually interesting connections between the speakers or things that the speakers know. For this to happen, those engaging in conversation must find a topic on which they both can relate to in some sense."

Sometimes Bear, your idea of "Conversation? is more like a speech where your your
"wisdom" is being directed at the rest of the group with no allowances for other's opinions.

As far as Hi-Caps, my choice offirearm was based on what fit my hand, shot well, and was reliable. So what if it came with a 19 round magazine (CZ75 SP-1 Tactical).

BTW, there are a lot of others (myself included) that fought the same war as you did. It's an old horse that should be retired to the stable.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
holeinhead wrote:

rolleyes.gif

Conversation:

"

A conversation is communication by two or more people, or by one's self. Conversations are the ideal form of communication in some respects, since they allow people with different views of a topic to learn from each other. A speech, on the other hand, is an oral presentation by one person directed at a group.

Those engaging in conversation naturally relate the other speaker's statements to themselves, and insert themselves (or some degree of relation to themselves, ranging from the replier's opinions or points to actual stories about themselves) into their replies. For a successful conversation, the partners must achieve a workable balance of contributions. A successful conversation includes mutually interesting connections between the speakers or things that the speakers know. For this to happen, those engaging in conversation must find a topic on which they both can relate to in some sense."

Sometimes Bear, your idea of "Conversation? is more like a speech where your your
"wisdom" is being directed at the rest of the group with no allowances for other's opinions.

As far as Hi-Caps, my choice offirearm was based on what fit my hand, shot well, and was reliable. So what if it came with a 19 round magazine (CZ75 SP-1 Tactical).

BTW, there are a lot of others (myself included) that fought the same war as you did. It's an old horse that should be retired to the stable.

OK here goes, first I clearly labeled the post as IMHO, which by any standard does not fit your speech claim. As to my wisdom, a lot of my wisdom was gained from listening to those older than myself. But todays youth seem to all wise and knowing already, rather than learn from the mistakes of others. Maybe that's why some many of them dies stupidly.

As to hi-caps, you must have a hell of a lot more hand than I do, because the only double stacker I ever felt comfortable with was an H&K.

When a punk tells me he knows more about self defense and combat than I do, I ask for his experience and place myon the table also. It applies in that case. But it is also valid, so because you are ashamed of your service doesn't mean I have to be of mine. Your put it in the stable theory defies history.