• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Progress with Lewis County Sheriff's office

t3rmin

imported post

Phil Teters, if you're out there, you didn't suffer in vain.

I work at the county, and I was told the Sheriff's office is installing or has installed lockers for checking weapons. I can only assume this is in response to our own Phil Teters' recent incident there.

So great job, Phil! I know that grilling took a lot out of ya, buddy.

And great job, OCDO. I know some folks sent letters and whatnot. Apparently they listened.

t3rmin

imported post

Well not quite in line, but it's progress. ;)

Still got an illegal parks carry code. They assure me they're looking into it.

just_a_car

imported post

Cool... I have to get the time to post it up, but I found an improper city code/signage at Richmond Beach and took a picture where it prohibits weapons/firearms.

Guest1650

imported post

hey man! just been very busy getting ready for deployment, and dealing with a few other things, im actually selling my gun! i have an m4 , i should be alright!

anyways.that's awesome! i wonder if that was all me ;)

t3rmin

imported post

phil teters wrote:
hey man! just been very busy getting ready for deployment, and dealing with a few other things, im actually selling my gun! i have an m4 , i should be alright!

anyways.that's awesome! i wonder if that was all me ;)
I'm fairly sure it was all you. The impression I got was there was an incident (you) and they decided they needed to have the lockers.

You stuck your neck out there and got results. You're officially an activist now, man!

Not only that, but you gave me a lot of encouragement. I've been open carrying a lot more lately.

Guest1650

imported post

well. we should do something tomorrow, then. if you arent busy. only problem is.. my bikes broken down!

t3rmin

imported post

Sorry man, my evenings are actually booked solid through Friday this week. If you'll still be around Saturday I'll (probably) be free.

Keep the shiny side up. ;-)

t3rmin

imported post

Hmm...

I'll have to double-check it then. Thanks for the update.