• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got Arrested for OC...

bobbarker

imported post

WSB.jpg
This is the holster, or, dang near. It holds the magazine the same as mine. A little closer, but still not ready to fire. And I ask this. If the Magazine is in some way attached to the pistol, wouldn'tthe magazine come out of the pouch when the pistol is drawn? Wouldn't the pistol come out if the magazine was removed?The answer to those, is yes, and since they must be removed independently, they are in NO way attached.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

Just remember that just because you were arrested for it does NOT mean you will be charged with it. Odds are the cop has NO CLUE as to the law and assumed he was correct. Bring the open carry flyer to court and state the codes BUT odds are the judge will know and throw this out as well.

If you get a lawyer make sure that your fees are paid for by the p.d. in a false arrest/civil or whatever case you can get out of them.

I didn't see a mag + pistol in any of the pics shown so far to be labeled loaded. We need to keep at this if anything just to educate the local p.d. as to WHAT our rights are and what they are doing WRONG.

Keep us updated BUT make sure that the court costs will be paid for by the p.d.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

Every thought of going to the p.d. and bringing the LAW with you and seeing if they will drop the charges BEFORE it goes anywhere? Talk with the top dog and see if he realizes what is LAW and what is simple police intimidation and inability to know the REAL law.

I think it would be worth a shot talking with the arresting officers boss FIRST before going for the lawyer route just to see if the BOSS there will say "he was doing it legally and we don't want to get sued"....

Just a thought.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am also interested in this case and how this turns out. Based on the help I have found on this site I too started open carry just yesterday!

I ran into a set of sheriff deputies in Rowland Heights at the In-n-out and nota single issue from them. They looked, nodded their heads and turned back to talk to each other.

I can't contribute to a defense fund only because I am saving for mine if I need it, but I have decided to spend my no unemployed butt to lobbying for loaded open carry.

I don't need CCW. . . Or the bill that comes with getting it. . I would rather spend it on more ammo or another weapon.

Good luck and keep us posted.

hardtarget

Activist Member
imported post

Well all he has to do is upload a copy of the Arrest Report w/ his SS# + DOB redacted for personal ID security, or provide the name/badge #/agency of the arresting LEO so we can call that person. If he fails to comply I guess all three urls will be notified of this and an IP block + ban + an alert sent out huh?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bobbarker wrote:
Will get the court costs paid for by the PD when it comes time for Civil Suit, in the meantime, however, I need to fund my defense myself, or try and roll this with a court appointed lawyer, and after that, I will have to fund my Civil Suit myself. To that end, I have set up a legal defense fund, at paypal. I appreciate everything you guys have done for me, and will continue to do. I also appreciate everything you can give me, even if it's only advice or a "Best of Luck." For those who want to give more, and can afford to give more, your donation is appreciated, and know that it will go to help fund the fight for our rights. After the civil suit, if I win, any donations made to the defense fund will be repaid, if requested, otherwise, I will be donating that amount to the NRA's Civil Rights Defense Fund, to help our cause later down the road.
I'm sure you'll get a much bigger response once you offer the information needed to verify your need for a defense fund. It would be too easy for someone to just come along and try to swindle some free cash.

If nothing else, you should be able to get a case/incident number from the records division of your local PD. That's public record, so any of us that call in could get the info we need.

When you post this info, also post a link where we can donate.

jbone

imported post

BobBarker seams to have dropped out of the conversation.Maybe at Lawyers advice. Not real keen on sending money to a stranger, too many scams these days. I could not find any Media on the internet for LA or Oceanside on the Marine's arrest.I'm Active Navy and have seen first hand the BEACH PARTIESCamp Pendleton Marines throwduring my 18 yrs stationedin San Diego, I hope Alcohol or intoxication was not a factor. He doesn’t give enough facts to form an opinion on the subject.

On a second note, I’ve seen it in the Navy and hope they don’t send him to see the Ole Man before the civil case is concluded. Military is good about knee-jerk reactions to save the base face.

Bobbarker, anything else you can share?

bobbarker

imported post

First off, I did not drop out of the conversation, I was at work today,and secondly, I didn't even think of starting a legal defense fund until I had several people PM me asking where they could send money. I understand how this looks, and I'm more then happy to provide proof.I tried getting a copy of the police report/arrest record today, and I wasn't able to, as I have to contact the arresting officer for him to release those records. I was told he could be reached Tuesday-Friday, and I am going to contact him tomorrow. At the least, I will be able to get a case number tomorrow. I already have a name and badge number, and I will post all of it tomorrow so you can verify. Understand that I am not saying you need to send money, I simply posted it because people had asked me. I am sorry that I did so, as it appears to have been taken poorly. Also, in response to "Don't do anything you can't afford to get arrested for," I sincerely hope you take your own advice, and stop driving, talking on your cell phone, going to the store, or leaving you home in any way, unless you can afford 10K for a lawyer, because, while none of those are illegal, neither is what I was doing, and you may be wrongfully arrested for them.

I will edit the post about the legal defense fund, and I will not ask that you send me any money. However, to satisfy you all, so that I am not blocked from these forums I enjoy, I will still provide the proof that I was arrested.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

my point since it wasn't received is this,

Oc'ing is NEW, it will usually end up with a cop stop and potential arrest so NO it is NOT like talking on a phone while driving AT ALL, it is like oc'ing WHILE driving. Apples and oranges....

We are doing this to protect a right, prove to those around us that it IS our right BUT it might take a couple days in court here and there and is NOT for everyone "at first".

Once it becomes common I can see how you could make that statement below but until then, oc'ing is NOT common in Cali and WILL result in unlawful arrests here and there.

bobbarker wrote:
Also, in response to "Don't do anything you can't afford to get arrested for," I sincerely hope you take your own advice, and stop driving, talking on your cell phone, going to the store, or leaving you home in any way, unless you can afford 10K for a lawyer, because, while none of those are illegal, neither is what I was doing, and you may be wrongfully arrested for them.

cato2

imported post

Welcome BB!

Thanks for standing up for the Constitution Marine!both in uniform and out!!!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I too take issue with the 'don't do it if you can't afford it' sentiment. I can't afford to mount a criminal defense. Unless a nice group like the Madison Society steps up, I would be using a public defender.

Sure, I might end up losing. I might do some jail time. I think open carry is THAT important that it needs to be done regardless of these risks.