Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny OC Experience Yesterday.

Post imported post

My wife and I got invited to a party across from Mt Trashmore hosted by the 2nd District Chairman of the VAGOP. I OC'd to this like I pretty much do everywhere. It didn't take long for one person to notice and we watched as he seemed to go around telling anyone who would listen there was someone OCing. I ran into someone I know and when he saw me he says "I figured you were here someone told me there was a guy carrying a gun when I got here" We both got a good laugh at that. The best part was when I got to talk to Ken Cuccinelli's campaign manager and he told me that somebody mentioned to the host about me carrying and his answer was "well we are in America". Finally the guy that started the whole thing stopped me and asked why I OCd instead of CC like him so I told him because I want to. We talked for a couple minutesand he kept saying "I'm not trying to be a smart a$$." Then he goes on to tell me that a VA Beach police officer told him you can't OC in VA Beach. So of course I mentioned VA's preemption laws and he STILL tells me that a VA Beach officer told him this. At this point I'm going to myself oh boy, so finally what slam dunked the guy was that Bob McDonnell was there and I told him we could ask him about VA's preemption laws if you like. I don't believe for one minute that a VA Beach police officer told him this I think he really hated seeing me OCing. I did enjoy talking to Ken Cuccinelli are very lucky to have reps like him and Bob McDonnell in VA.

I also heard there may be a Heller victory party in Richmond on 19 July at a Fuddruckers?

Post imported post

I was considering the source Sheriff but I do know what you mean.

Post imported post

Wait a minute.

There was a guy who had his CHP trying to stir stuff up about another guy carrying a gun!?!?!?

What an a$$hole.

Banned

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Wait a minute.

There was a guy who had his CHP trying to stir stuff up about another guy carrying a gun!?!?!?

What an a$$hole.
    Happens all the time. The cc folks are sometimes worse than the anti-gunners.

How many times has a open carry advocate heard, " I have a concealed carry permit and I KNOW that is illegal . I took a course to get my permit and a STATE TROOOOPER taught it BLA BLA BLA ...."

The moreinsistant they are is often linked to how incorrect and misinformed they are. Recently a friend of my took a CC class and the instructor told him that open carry can be afelony inNorth Carolinaand they will shrewd your gun.

Post imported post

I find it extremnely easy to believe that a VA Beach officer told him that.

Most police officers are honorable and a good number of them are able to admit when they do not know something. A significant minority will make things up if they "sound right".

Also, the law changed only a few years ago (pre-emption). Officers who have been around for awhile may remember the law before pre-emption, but not every officer is able to keep up with every change.

Then there is another possibility: I had an Henrico County SEARGENT try to tell me something similar on the phone after my open carry incident in Short Pump. When I corrected him, he backed down andin a round-about way acknowledged that Iwas right.Due to themanner and speedat which he did so,it dawned on me that hepossibly had beenpurposely misquoting the law as it was before pre-emption, counting on me not knowing anything about pre-emption!

Post imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
    I find it extremnely easy to believe that a VA Beach officer told him that.

Most police officers are honorable and a good number of them are able to admit when they do not know something. A significant minority will make things up if they "sound right".

Also, the law changed only a few years ago (pre-emption). Officers who have been around for awhile may remember the law before pre-emption, but not every officer is able to keep up with every change.

Then there is another possibility: I had an Henrico County SEARGENT try to tell me something similar on the phone after my open carry incident in Short Pump. When I corrected him, he backed down andin a round-about way acknowledged that Iwas right.Due to themanner and speedat which he did so,it dawned on me that hepossibly had beenpurposely misquoting the law as it was before pre-emption, counting on me not knowing anything about pre-emption!
    Yep, I had an FBI agent do that to me. Repeatedly asking about my "permit" to own a gun in Virginia. Since He's based in Virginia he had to know the law. So I figure he was testing my knowledge to try to find a way to put pressure on me.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    Yep, I had an FBI agent do that to me.¬* Since He's based in Virginia he had to know the law.¬*
    We had a thread here not long ago about a Virginia based FBI agent approaching a resident about¬*OC in a restaurant.¬*¬*The way I read the thread the FBI agent was borderline of actually assaulting the resident.¬* I don't think they know the law.¬*¬* The FBI agent called 911, 911 advised him open carry was legal, he cancelled his request for an officer to respond, and then the OCer insisted that the police do indeed respond.¬*¬* In my opinion, the FBI agent was damn lucky the OCer didn't pursue criminal charges or a violation of constitutional rights complaint against him.¬* He had no business detaining or leaning up against¬*the OCer in a threatening manner. ¬*¬*¬*
    Fake story. It's been written off as false.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Wait a minute.

What an a$$hole.
    You should have seen the manure that was slung my way when the AP article came out about the dinner at Champps...It was nationwide!

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    Yep, I had an FBI agent do that to me. Since He's based in Virginia he had to know the law.
    We had a thread here not long ago about a Virginia based FBI agent approaching a resident aboutOC in a restaurant.The way I read the thread the FBI agent was borderline of actually assaulting the resident. I don't think they know the law. The FBI agent called 911, 911 advised him open carry was legal, he cancelled his request for an officer to respond, and then the OCer insisted that the police do indeed respond. In my opinion, the FBI agent was damn lucky the OCer didn't pursue criminal charges or a violation of constitutional rights complaint against him. He had no business detaining or leaning up againstthe OCer in a threatening manner.
    When was this? I didn't see that.... IIRC someone came out strongly against the OP but then didn't back it up with anything.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    Yep, I had an FBI agent do that to me. Since He's based in Virginia he had to know the law.
    We had a thread here not long ago about a Virginia based FBI agent approaching a resident aboutOC in a restaurant.The way I read the thread the FBI agent was borderline of actually assaulting the resident. I don't think they know the law. The FBI agent called 911, 911 advised him open carry was legal, he cancelled his request for an officer to respond, and then the OCer insisted that the police do indeed respond. In my opinion, the FBI agent was damn lucky the OCer didn't pursue criminal charges or a violation of constitutional rights complaint against him. He had no business detaining or leaning up againstthe OCer in a threatening manner.
    ORLY?

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    I remember someone claiming it was false, but nobody provided any evidence of untruthfulness. Maybe you can provide a link for your proof of it being fake.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sherriff, I don't think you're correct in these assertions.

The thread did start to fall by the wayside when jack's bluff was called. After that, it started becoming a "let's make fun of 229"; that's when it was locked.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jack wrote:
    SNIP How many times has a open carry advocate heard, " I have a concealed carry permit and I KNOW that is illegal . I took a course to get my permit and a STATE TROOOOPER taught it BLA BLA BLA ...."

The moreinsistant they are is often linked to how incorrect and misinformed they are.
    Well, you know what they say.

"Sacred cows make the best hamburgers."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    jack wrote:
    SNIP How many times has a open carry advocate heard, " I have a concealed carry permit and I KNOW that is illegal . I took a course to get my permit and a STATE TROOOOPER taught it BLA BLA BLA ...."

The moreinsistant they are is often linked to how incorrect and misinformed they are.
    Well, you know what they say.

"Sacred cows make the best hamburgers."
    Mmmmmmm. Hamburgers..... Can I get cheese with that :^)?

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

Jack, it would help if you would ever address what he actually said. As I recall, he said the agent was from...NY? NJ? Somewhere up that way.

So your "proof" is still insufficient. And I won't even mention your insulting attitude.

Post imported post

jack wrote:
    Actually I did through a friend that worksout ofthe Tysons corner field office check out the posters story, it didn't check out. I obtained the posters name & address rather easily andsent a letter tothe SAC of the Virginia office. The number of formal complaints filed against members of the Virginia Field office over the last 20 years can be counted on one hand. This claimed incident never happened.

The poster refused to provide the actual identity of the agent that he claims assaulted him, illegally detained him and called 911. Does that really make any logical since to anyone ? Open carry folks carry recorders, file complaints, file federal lawsuits and defend gun rights, yet that poster says he turned the other cheek.He also claims he got the agent into trouble. Remedial training, time off without pay etc. First of all anyone that has worked for the bureau or any Federal agency knows that complaint filers don't often find out the results of "personnel matters" . There are all sorts of federal guidelines for dealing with federal government employees. He also claims that the Washington, Dc office of the FBI called him and asked if he "cared to sue ".

Folks anyone dumb enough to believe his story of this crazy FBI agent whom he refuses to identify is not intelligent enough to open carry mace.

People making up stories of their law enforcement confrontations is bad for open carry. How many open carry folks have posted here about a Leo altercation and refused to identify the agent or officer. The current situation in Ohio for example, recordings are on the net, copies of everything, follow meeting with the police chief. Anyone claiming a LEO assaulted him should back up there story. Claiming all sorts of BS and disappearing from the forum when another poster questionsyour story & locates your true identity , address/ phone numbers is proof enough that the post was BS.

The FBI doesn't enforce state gun laws / or local ordinances. If you are ever approached by someone claiming to be a Federal Agent, demand to see their Credentials. Despite that poster's claim to the contrary, agents are required to display their creds on the demand of any citizen. If an an "agent " refuses call 911.

I'm shocked that there are so many gullible folks on this board.
    I do not know about this post, but I do know that FBI agents have called on people in Prince William County - while they were at JoJos with family.

Only hearing one side of the conversation, the female FBI agents - as she identified herself to the the 911 call - said she knew this could not be legal for someone to walking around in public with a gun like that. She had a fanny pack which I guess had her gun.

Anyway, she was getting frustrated with the dispatcher and said things a long the lines of: "So you are not going to send and officer out to investigate?" "I cannot believe you don't care that someone is around all the children with a gun."

Anyway, I find it easy to believe that a FBI agent would do something like this.

I find it hard to believe that someone willing to stand up and OC, will not press a complaint.

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

Jack, I choose to believe you're a lot of bluster and no substance. You claim much more than you can produce. "I talked to so-and-so in Northern Virginia and they told me this was impossible!" You have zero proof to support your claims. None. Zilch. Nada.

And on top of that, you keep ignoring the fact that the Feeb wasn't from Northern Virginia. I don't know if that's because you choose to ignore it, you're not very bright, or some other reason I can't think of. But it certainly wouldn't fit your narrative if you acknowledged that.

So if you've got proof of your claim of "bogusness," produce it. All your yammering and insulting the intelligence of folks who happen to think critically about your claims is tiresome.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Stop feeding the troll....
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Yeah, I know. But I've never personally told Jack that I thought he was full of it, and I've got that whole "gotta make the mistake myself" thang goin' on.

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    Stop feeding the troll....
    um......which one?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Not a moderator but a request to keep the board sane and civil:

The jack/IHOP/FBI/troll tangent is off topic from the original post. Please create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it.
    ---

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    The jack/IHOP/FBI/troll tangent is off topic from the original post.¬* Please create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it.
    This.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Nevermind....

This thread's been blue-lighted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast