• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny OC Experience Yesterday.

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
The FBI doesn't enforce state gun laws / or local ordinances.

The only thing I have ever seen the FBI do was come along after the fact, take a suspect into custody, and claim the credit for making the arrest so quickly. This was after a fewdeputy sheriffs had tracked down and arrested the bank robber.

The agent walked around with egg on his face for a while after that. Because the president of the bank wrote a letter in our local newspaper describing exactly what took place by local law enforcement, and who had actually tracked down and captured the bank robber. it was hilarious! :lol:

possumboy

imported post

jack wrote:
Actually I did through a friend that worksout ofthe Tysons corner field office check out the posters story, it didn't check out. I obtained the posters name & address rather easily andsent a letter tothe SAC of the Virginia office. The number of formal complaints filed against members of the Virginia Field office over the last 20 years can be counted on one hand. This claimed incident never happened.

The poster refused to provide the actual identity of the agent that he claims assaulted him, illegally detained him and called 911. Does that really make any logical since to anyone ? Open carry folks carry recorders, file complaints, file federal lawsuits and defend gun rights, yet that poster says he turned the other cheek.He also claims he got the agent into trouble. Remedial training, time off without pay etc. First of all anyone that has worked for the bureau or any Federal agency knows that complaint filers don't often find out the results of "personnel matters" . There are all sorts of federal guidelines for dealing with federal government employees. He also claims that the Washington, Dc office of the FBI called him and asked if he "cared to sue ".

Folks anyone dumb enough to believe his story of this crazy FBI agent whom he refuses to identify is not intelligent enough to open carry mace.

People making up stories of their law enforcement confrontations is bad for open carry. How many open carry folks have posted here about a Leo altercation and refused to identify the agent or officer. The current situation in Ohio for example, recordings are on the net, copies of everything, follow meeting with the police chief. Anyone claiming a LEO assaulted him should back up there story. Claiming all sorts of BS and disappearing from the forum when another poster questionsyour story & locates your true identity , address/ phone numbers is proof enough that the post was BS.

The FBI doesn't enforce state gun laws / or local ordinances. If you are ever approached by someone claiming to be a Federal Agent, demand to see their Credentials. Despite that poster's claim to the contrary, agents are required to display their creds on the demand of any citizen. If an an "agent " refuses call 911.

I'm shocked that there are so many gullible folks on this board.

I do not know about this post, but I do know that FBI agents have called on people in Prince William County - while they were at JoJos with family.

Only hearing one side of the conversation, the female FBI agents - as she identified herself to the the 911 call - said she knew this could not be legal for someone to walking around in public with a gun like that. She had a fanny pack which I guess had her gun.

Anyway, she was getting frustrated with the dispatcher and said things a long the lines of: "So you are not going to send and officer out to investigate?" "I cannot believe you don't care that someone is around all the children with a gun."

Anyway, I find it easy to believe that a FBI agent would do something like this.

I find it hard to believe that someone willing to stand up and OC, will not press a complaint.

Sheriff

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Only hearing one side of the conversation, the female FBI agents - as she identified herself to the the 911 call - said she knew this could not be legal for someone to walking around in public with a gun like that. She had a fanny pack which I guess had her gun.

Anyway, she was getting frustrated with the dispatcher and said things a long the lines of: "So you are not going to send and officer out to investigate?" "I cannot believe you don't care that someone is around all the children with a gun."
I have no problem believing this tale is true also.

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
.......I'm getting the idea that there isn't a whole lot of intelligence / deductive reason skills represented on this board. I'm also starting to get the idea that this open carry thing for some of you really isn't about open carry at all. Some of you enjoy creating confrontations with LE and when it doesn't occur you just make up stories.......

I can't believe you honestly feel this way.

Honest law abiding citizens shouldn't be able to provoke cops into making mistakes.

TexasNative

imported post

Jack, I choose to believe you're a lot of bluster and no substance. You claim much more than you can produce. "I talked to so-and-so in Northern Virginia and they told me this was impossible!" You have zero proof to support your claims. None. Zilch. Nada.

And on top of that, you keep ignoring the fact that the Feeb wasn't from Northern Virginia. I don't know if that's because you choose to ignore it, you're not very bright, or some other reason I can't think of. But it certainly wouldn't fit your narrative if you acknowledged that.

So if you've got proof of your claim of "bogusness," produce it. All your yammering and insulting the intelligence of folks who happen to think critically about your claims is tiresome.

~ Boyd

TexasNative

imported post

Yeah, I know. But I've never personally told Jack that I thought he was full of it, and I've got that whole "gotta make the mistake myself" thang goin' on. :)

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not a moderator but a request to keep the board sane and civil:

The jack/IHOP/FBI/troll tangent is off topic from the original post. Please create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it.

Sheriff

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
The jack/IHOP/FBI/troll tangent is off topic from the original post. Please create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it.

Actually, it's not off topic. It's pretty much the same scenario......

One personapproaching another personabout a perfectly legal OC.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

By my count, 8 of 33 posts in this thread are on topic.

If you want to talk about the former thread, open up a new thread to discuss the matter. There is no need to hijack this one.

jack

Banned
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Jack, I choose to believe you're a lot of bluster and no substance. You claim much more than you can produce. "I talked to so-and-so in Northern Virginia and they told me this was impossible!" You have zero proof to support your claims. None. Zilch. Nada.

And on top of that, you keep ignoring the fact that the Feeb wasn't from Northern Virginia. I don't know if that's because you choose to ignore it, you're not very bright, or some other reason I can't think of. But it certainly wouldn't fit your narrative if you acknowledged that.

So if you've got proof of your claim of "bogusness," produce it. All your yammering and insulting the intelligence of folks who happen to think critically about your claims is tiresome.

~ Boyd

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
......and the guy that made the claim disappeared when his real identity & address was emailed to him.
All that statement tells me is somebody possibly misused resources available to them to identify a member here.Why would you mail him his real identity and address? I think he probably already knew both.

You really think intimidating him scared him off? :lol:

jack

Banned
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
jack wrote:
......and the guy that made the claim disappeared when his real identity & address was emailed to him.
All that statement tells me is somebody possibly misused resources available to them to identify a member here.Why would you mail him his real identity and address? I think he probably already knew both.

You really think intimidating him scared him off? :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
Nope, I think he realized there are plenty of ex-Feds on here that can check out a bogus story and make a ass out of a fool claiming he was assaulted by the FBI. I do think he was shocked that he was so easy to identify, but when you post as much bull@#$% as he does at 8-9 different gun sites, someone will make the connection.

OK. :) In all fairness to both of you, if caltaincontinues torefuse and show uphere to address this OC confrontation, I am now inclined to believe you might be right about the claim being bogus. I hated to think anybody would pull this stunt on the forums. As you said, it certainly doesn't portray the OC movement in the most favorable light.

See? A debate can sometimes change one's mind about theissue being discussed. But, let there be no mistake though, based on my two interactions with FBI agents during my career, their integrity and honesty never did impress me much. But neither is gun or forum related.

EDITED FOR GRAMMATICALERROR -- doing three things at once.

jack

Banned
imported post

I understand what you are saying. I know agents that are nothing but honest and will defend the rights of a suspect over other considerations and I know agents that would have been Excellent KGB agents.

Trip Connelly in Boston who helped the Mafia & Whity Bulgar kill rivals, an agent in Phoenix that bombed a citizen's home, and the Waco bunch. Sad that we have to be so suspicious of todays Law enforcement. I used to say well there a bunch of young kids, give them a little time to grow up. Problem is some of these clowns are anything but young, it's clearly a trend with the Law enforcement community. Morally it is going the same way as everything else. A teacher friend of mine says we need to bring two things back to our schools, the paddle & prayer time. She may be right.