• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny OC Experience Yesterday.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
There needs to be a better system to weed out these idiots. Longwatch was doing a pretty good job at it before, if I remember correctly. ;)
Longwatch was still a moderator when most of this occurred...

Sheriff

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
mercutio545 wrote:
There needs to be a better system to weed out these idiots. Longwatch was doing a pretty good job at it before, if I remember correctly. ;)
True that! Maybe it should have been nipped in the bud back then! :shock:

hsmith

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
mercutio545 wrote:
True that! Maybe it should have been nipped in the bud back then! :shock:
I think we'd all do better by policing ourselves and not encouraging the trolls...

Frank Barnes

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
That kid was such a joker.

I noticed up until his very last post his was still ignoring that fact that there is no "Virginia field office," but agents instead report to the field office in D.C.

When I read that PM I pretty much wanted to punch him in the face.

Ban stick FTW.

Edit: Don't stalkers usually lose their CHP, btw? Maybe jack is the one who needs to have it revoked! He probably shouldn't be carrying. :uhoh:

Point of correction : There has been a Virginia resident field office since 1982. Till2001 office space was leased on Chainbridge Road in Vienna. Currently Virginia field office personnel are working out of headquarters with a small contingent utilizing space at the Quantico center. The new Northern Virginia resident field office has been under construction since 2006 , and is located in the Innovation Technology Park off the Prince William Parkway. Chosen for it's close proximity to the Manassas Airport (which hosts a full service FBO) the new office will also house a forensics unit.

Allegations asserted against a unnamed agent of the FBI by a Herndon, Virginia manwere researched by severalcasual observers ofthis board, and foundto have neveroccurred. Assertions that a complaint was filed as a result of a incident involving a FBI agentat a eating establishment in Sterling, Virginia are unfounded.

It would be appreciated if the fine service of Federal employees is not disparaged by the spreading of falsehoods & rumors over the internet. While I don't know the trueintentions of those spreading these rumors, I find it hard to imagine how it helpsthe political &social agenda of this fine site.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Frank Barnes wrote:
marshaul wrote:
That kid was such a joker.

I noticed up until his very last post his was still ignoring that fact that there is no "Virginia field office," but agents instead report to the field office in D.C.

When I read that PM I pretty much wanted to punch him in the face.

Ban stick FTW.

Edit: Don't stalkers usually lose their CHP, btw? Maybe jack is the one who needs to have it revoked! He probably shouldn't be carrying. :uhoh:

Point of correction : There has been a Virginia resident field office since 1982. Till2001 office space was leased on Chainbridge Road in Vienna. Currently Virginia field office personnel are working out of headquarters with a small contingent utilizing space at the Quantico center. The new Northern Virginia resident field office has been under construction since 2006 , and is located in the Innovation Technology Park off the Prince William Parkway. Chosen for it's close proximity to the Manassas Airport (which hosts a full service FBO) the new office will also house a forensics unit.

There is also an FBI field office on Parham Road in Henrico County.

TexasNative

imported post

Frank Barnes wrote:
Allegations asserted against a unnamed agent of the FBI by a Herndon, Virginia manwere researched by severalcasual observers ofthis board, and foundto have neveroccurred. Assertions that a complaint was filed as a result of a incident involving a FBI agentat a eating establishment in Sterling, Virginia are unfounded.
Sorry, Frank, your claim is unfounded. Honestly, I'm not taking a position one way or the other on this issue, but the naysayers consistently address something other than what the original poster stated:

1) The FBI agent was from NY (or NJ, I confuse my "Ns"), not from the local area. This was why he was unfamiliar with Virginia law

2) The conversations over the incident with FBI personnel were claimed to be with an office in DC, not the NoVA office.

So anyone can root around in the NoVA office of the FBI all they want, but that doesn't prove anything, since they weren't involved. In fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to disprove his claim at all, proving a negative being so difficult and all that.

Why don't you folks just drop it? You consistently make yourselves look a bit silly with all this.

Oh, and Frank? Are you just a "jack" in "Frank Barnes" clothing?

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Frank Barnes wrote:
Welcome to OCDO, Frank!

Can you please provide a link to the discussion of the part in blue?

Thanks!

TexasNative

imported post

Well yeah, that's the thread, but it's hardly accurate to say anything happened there but jack's unfounded claims and his impugning of Dan's character without any justification.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

An E-Stalker with connections with the FBI. Dan, make sure your wife and kids stay away from the windows.

Sheriff

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Well yeah, that's the thread, but it's hardly accurate to say anything happened there but jack's unfounded claims and his impugning of Dan's character without any justification.

True. The "casual observers" haven't been identified.

It's kinda like when somebody says 345,654 people have written them in PM and supports them. :lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would think that the area of concern for "casual observers" who have the contacts and resources to check out a story about a particular un-named FBI agent, is not a story told in one thread by one forum member of one moderately sized internet forum, but rather the behavior of the FBI, BATFE, and other LEO that make the story so very believable to a segment of the most law abiding citizens in this country.

What sort of abuses by authority and ignorance of the law of those authorities must those people have witnessed or experienced over the years to read a story of an FBI agent abusing his authority with ignorance of the law as the basis for said abuse and to simply take it pretty much at face value as a plausible happening? There was a time that such a story about an FBI agent would have been simply dismissed as so improbable as to be nearly unbelievable. Perhaps with the FBI it is still improbable, I don't know. But I do know that I have seen footage of the abuses of the BATFE with my own eyes.

caltain

imported post

I haven't gone back and reread my original thread in some time, but if I didn't say it clearly enough before, let me say this now.

With both jack and the unnamed agent, I don't fault the men, or their motives, just their methods. The agent was trying, albeit poorly, to coontrol a situation in which he thought the people present were at risk. Jack seems to have felt that I put the reputation of the board and it's members at risk. Additionally, he believed that if I lied when posting an "accusation" of wrongdoing by an agent of the FBI, I had committed a federal crime. Obviously, this is not the case, in reality, for either situation.

The agent was ignorant of the law and acted poorly in any case. I told the story as it happened, so Jack should have quietly said that he didn't believe it was true. And pursued information to refute my statements. He was outraged, so he acted poorly, as well. Live and learn.

I couldn't believe it was happening when it was, so I have no problem with others not believing it. We certainly shouldn't be questioning the motives or identity of new members just because they happen to hold a belief that matches someone else's. It's just not a polite way to behave.

I think it's time to lay the matter to rest until someone has factual evidence to contribute. When/if that ever happens, we can start a new thread with an appropriate title.

Thanks for tuning in, folks.
Dan

Frank Barnes

Banned
imported post

caltain wrote:
I haven't gone back and reread my original thread in some time, but if I didn't say it clearly enough before, let me say this now.

With both jack and the unnamed agent, I don't fault the men, or their motives, just their methods. The agent was trying, albeit poorly, to coontrol a situation in which he thought the people present were at risk. Jack seems to have felt that I put the reputation of the board and it's members at risk. Additionally, he believed that if I lied when posting an "accusation" of wrongdoing by an agent of the FBI, I had committed a federal crime. Obviously, this is not the case, in reality, for either situation.

The agent was ignorant of the law and acted poorly in any case. I told the story as it happened, so Jack should have quietly said that he didn't believe it was true. And pursued information to refute my statements. He was outraged, so he acted poorly, as well. Live and learn.

I couldn't believe it was happening when it was, so I have no problem with others not believing it. We certainly shouldn't be questioning the motives or identity of new members just because they happen to hold a belief that matches someone else's. It's just not a polite way to behave.

I think it's time to lay the matter to rest until someone has factual evidence to contribute. When/if that ever happens, we can start a new thread with an appropriate title.

Thanks for tuning in, folks.
Dan

Mr. Brooks, if you go back and read the original thread, no where did Jack Haff suggest you committed a federal offense. I can assure you Mr. Haff (not his actual identity) is well versed in what crimes are federal offenses and which aren't. If afalse complaint was filed that would be a federal offense, however since you never filed a formal complainton this story that you invented out of pure imagination ,that of course is not a consideration.

What some of us are wondering is why you refuse to reveal the agent's name. Over the last few days I have read over a few threads on this site like the one currently being addressed in Pennsylvania. In every case the citizen goes to great length to document the confrontation with a member of law enforcement. Some carry video cameras to picnics and some carry recorders in their pocket and latter upload the recording of the actual conversation with the police. Some file requests for the 911 calls and car to car exchanges between officers, but Dan Brooks from Herndon,Virginia refuses to provide the name of a FBI agent that he claims assaulted him. You are the only account I have read on here wherethe law enforcement officers name or names are not given. Any objective person would question that.

For anyone that cares : Substantial checking was done onthe "story"Dan Brooks of Herndon, Virginaposted on this site about his confrontation with a unnamed FBI agent. He claims he filed a formal complaint over the incident. Problem is complaints are search able going back to 1945 (before his birth) and there never has been a complaint filed against an agent of the FBI by Dan Brooks.

Hint:They are actually public record so feel free to check for yourself.

TexasNative

imported post

I just can't figure out why jack cares so much that he will lie, disguise his identity and otherwise troll the boards. He obviously has no integrity, and no one here has any respect for him or believes a word he says...or types.

I guess there's no accounting for psychos.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jack wants us all to be worried about how a potentially false story about the FBI makes OCDO look, HOW DO YOU THINK AN INTERNET STALKER MAKES US LOOK! GO AWAY and let it die. There's a reason that thread was closed and your account was banned.