• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first time OC

Samuel Adams

imported post

...and nothing happened. I've had my permit since May. This time I OC'd my CZ 75 toMission Essentialwhere I put about about 100 rounds rapid fire ontoa coupleof the FBI targets. My primary goal was to practice magazine changes.

After I was finished, I went to Wally World in Hinesville to replentish my supply of 9mm WWB. Nobody said a word including the Liberty County Deputy who walked right behind me while I was making my transaction. After that it was off to Food Lion to grab a few groceries. Again nothing was said.

In addition, my CZ didn't jump out of its holster to kill anyone. :celebrate

Samuel Adams

imported post

Update: I took the wife and some of the outlaws to Rodeo's for dinner. I sat at the end of the booth with my CZ 82 in its thumb break holster. Nothing happend. Nothing was said. My pistol didn't take the initiative to kill anyone.

officerjdc

imported post

So you've now OCedinto Mission Essential, Wal-Mart, Food Lion, and Rodeo's and not had a problem? And you say a Liberty County deputy saw you OCing at Wal-Mart? That sounds hopeful that Hinesville PD and the sheriff's department are more enlightened to state law on OC than they were a few years ago.

One of these days I'm going to OC into some public place just to try to get myselfover my apprehensionabout it. Maybe I'll try to start off by OCing into that new convenience store they just built when they started widening the roadon 196 East right around the corner from where I live since I'm fairly well known to the staff there, and if that goes well then I can start working on my courage to OC into places in Hinesville.

I remember CC was a big deal to me when I first got my GFL in 2001. It felt a little odd to have that weapon on in public even though no one else knew I had it on. It didn't take me long to get accustomed to it, and now it feels weird to leave home out of uniform without a weapon on me. I'm sure if I start OCing I'll get used to that too.

Samuel Adams

imported post

officerjdc wrote:
So you've now OCedinto Mission Essential, Wal-Mart, Food Lion, and Rodeo's and not had a problem? And you say a Liberty County deputy saw you OCing at Wal-Mart? That sounds hopeful that Hinesville PD and the sheriff's department are more enlightened to state law on OC than they were a few years ago.

My guess is that he wasn't paying attention even though I was wearing a full size pistol. :p

OC didn't seem to be an issue although I intend to conceal most of the time.