• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PelicanCases

Dissman

imported post

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Pelican Cases when it relates to firearms. I'm looking for something to safely store my firearms in for travel, and for when my 4 year old nephew comes to visit. I'm looking for something that is relatively secure, and the bushmaster case just isn't cutting it.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Although I have never used a pelican case for firearms, I have used them extensively for work. They are virtually indestructible, and I don't see why they wouldn't work just fine with the proper padding. You can make cutouts to fit the individual guns, and some pelican models can be padlocked for security.

We carry a lot of glass and instruments in ours and they do fine. Ours take a serious beating as well!

Hope this helps somewhat in your decision making process.

hsmith

imported post

I have a Pelican 1720 for my AR-15 and love it. I am still working on a hot wire rig to cut the foam, it has been a pain in the rear.

But the cases are amazing. Great quality and very durable. Look for closed cell foam if you are going to be traveling for a long period of time.

ShowMeCarry

imported post

We used them for electronic test equipment in the military, and I think they are top notch. Very rugged, most are waterproof.

caltain

imported post

Truly top notch cases. If you can afford the price, you'll be hard pressed to find a better case for travel. As noted above many Pelican cases are waterproof, most of those will float with a reasonable load inside. Even if it sinks, your gun will likely still be dry and safe until you can retrieve it.

Personally, I prefer the yellow or international orange. People notice them and that makes it harder to steal.

esstac

imported post

I made it myself.

The case was used when I purchased it, and had the center section of the pick n pluck foam already removed. So i removed the rest of the pick and pluck and hot glued it to the shape I wanted. This was not strong enough so I used strips of cordura and spray glue to completly line it. You can see the strips everywhere but the Digital pattern blends them in nicely.