• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gratuitous gun pics

WARCHILD

imported post

.40Cal: Most excellent! I have 5 boys and I too feel the magic number was 4. Each one of them have been shooting since then. Only one of the five has shown no interest in guns after he was 5. Just not the gun type. The other 4 own their own guns. As you related, I have been preaching to parents for years (as a scout leader, in refference to earning rifle badge) "Remove the curiosity" lessen the danger. At the age of 6, my youngest son was tapping "10's" at 25meter course with my AR-15. He still loves that gun. So I say, well done. It does depend on the maturity of the child, but also the support of the parent.

(off my soap box now)

thx997303

imported post

I started using firefox about a year ago and I love it. Internet explorer would not let me visit some sites. It just wouldn't work.

Huh, 1000 posts. Cool:cool:

ODA 226

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Call me stupid, lame, old fashioned, whatever.....

But am I only one there that feels this child is too young to be handling those particular weapons? :shock:
I started shooting a .22LR when I was four and by the time I was six, I was able to accurately shoot my grandfather's 12 Gauge and 30-06!

Sheriff

imported post

Ok guys and girls, as I said -- just call me stupid, lame, old fashioned, whatever. :D

I just never felt my daughter had any business handling some of my weapons until she was at least 10 or 12 years old.

EDIT FOR TYPO -- O to OR

WARCHILD

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Sheriff! You are stupid lame and old fashioned!:p
Yes, I am. :lol:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't deserve any name calling either, give it a rest why don't ya. As I said Sheriff, it all depends on the maturity of the child and the support or opinion of the parent. If you don't feel she is ready, more power to you not to push her. With my boys, it was a way to spend interesting time together, for as we all know; they will outgrow us, before we outgrow them.

Sheriff

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Nice Pics.

Also I'm in agreement on the age issue.

It completely relies on the kids maturity.
I see you are in Louisiana. Did you have any weapons snatched up by the cops during the flood?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

If my boy didn't have the desire to learn about daddy's "hobbie" (obsession), then maybe I would not have spent the last year teaching him gun safety (OK, he slipped on trigger discipline in that picture). But he is a very devoted little boy, when it comes to things he wants. He has made it his goal for me to see that he knows to treat every gun as if it's loaded,to never put his finger on the trigger until he's ready to shoot, to always keep the gun/rifle pointed in a safe direction (knowing what is behind whatever he is pointing at), and to be prepared to destroy whatever he is aiming at. That last one he could not wrap his head around until the day I took those pics (some of our targets were originally intended as beverages). At least I can claim that my son will always ask for permission before handling any of my firearms, which seem to be the only thing he asks permission for. He won't even go near my very accessible bump in the night guns (the magazines are hidden. I don't trust him that much ;))

thx997303

imported post

Um, hey Warchild, it was a joke, I wasn't calling him those things seriously, note the :p at the end of the statement.

Dustin

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I see you are in Louisiana. Did you have any weapons snatched up by the cops during the flood?

I was in Iraq during the flood. Didn't even know there was a Hurricane unitl Months later. :(

I've read enough articles and seen enough videos to know what went down though. Also talked to a Few LEO's who were invloved.

Sheriff

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Less talking, more pics. :p

But.... I am talking, and I can't shut up! :lol:

You want guns? Here's 100,000......... being destroyed inRio de Janeiro.

rio2.jpg

Sheriff

imported post

ps - a lot of people still refuse to believe this scale of destruction will never take place in America. :shock: