• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA_Libertarian detained by Turlock PD!

cato

imported post

Take pictures of your wrists and go see a doctor for further documentation of your injuries (I sure this has already been recommend by your "right person").

and thanks,

12-O-31 :lol:hope it helped linguistically.

:celebrate:celebrateHELLER!!!!!:celebrate:celebrate

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've removed the OP as a precaution. It's going to be a week before I get council, and my guess is this would be advisable.

If you quoted any part of the arrest incident I posted, please edit/delete it from your posts.

Thank you; I'll keep you all posted as soon as possible.

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

Well it looks like they will be trying to intimidate us into not carrying now. Sorry for the issue and please keep us updated once you are able to do so. I hope those in here remove your "quoted" responses a.s.a.p. OR get a mod to edit them for you if need be. You never know how long it might take a person to re-read what you wrote or log back in here anyways.

I am counting 2-3 now in california who have had issues within 3 forums so far and it will only become more and more frequent as more and more of us open carry. It might take a few of these b.s. issues to happen before our rights are finally protected.

I think it would be great to "Back" those in court if need be and wanted as well. Our rights are OURS given by our constitution and even our state and has ZERO to do will bullshit cops trying to play an authoritarian role.

TheCiscoKid

imported post

CA_Libertarian,

I missed your original post, so i dont know any of the details, but by what i gather from other people's responses, you were harrassed. im glad you were released. i hope you keep us updated. thanks for being a pioneer.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

As soon as I can make time, I will upload scans of the police report. It is not accurate (big surprise there), but will give the gist of the story.

Today when I went to pick up said reports, I had a nice conversation with Cptn Langston. Overall, I think they had me pegged as a some guy that just wanted to find a reason to sue the PD. He told me that they are already investigating the incident for misconduct, and that they have initiated some training on the laws related to unlicensed carry of firearms.

Overall, I think this conversation was good for both of us. I made it clear that I would rather see the department straighten its self out. Cptn Langston made it clear (in not so many words) that they are aware of some problems, and are taking steps to correct them. He also made it clear it is not the department's official position to discourage open carry.

I will be following up with the TPD chain of command to see exactly what steps they are taking. Until then, I don't feel further action is needed.

I appreciate Cptn Langston's diligence in this matter. He granted me time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions and then some. He was polite and respectful, and showed concern for the situation and the civilized resolution of the issues.

It is my sincere hope - and I get the impression Cptn Langston feels the same - that this issue can be resolved by the chain of command. I certainly look forward to seeing how it is handled.

michaellangston.jpg

Michael Langston, Field Operations Captain.

Contact Information:
Office: (209) 668-5550 ext. 6682
Email address: mlangston@turlock.ca.us

cato

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
cato wrote:
and thanks,

12-O-31 :lol:hope it helped linguistically.
By the way, Cptn Langston refers to the code as "one twenty thirty-one." However, he didn't seem too baffled by my reference to "twelve oh thirty-one."

When in Rome...;) (now all we have to do is make a map of CA Penal Code regionaldialects so as to assist OCers while travelingthroughout the state:banghead:)

cato2

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I've removed the OP as a precaution. It's going to be a week before I get council, and my guess is this would be advisable.

If you quoted any part of the arrest incident I posted, please edit/delete it from your posts.

Thank you; I'll keep you all posted as soon as possible.

http://californiaccw.org/posts/list/4879.page
http://californiaccw.org/posts/list/4879.page

Looks like Greg thinks you were arrested in the California sense rather then the Supreme Court sense. ;)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

GREAT NEWS/UPDATE:

I didn't want to post about my audio until I had a chance to see the police report. It seems that was just enough rope for a noose.

The officers did a thorough search of my car (without my permission); however, they didn't search me thoroughly. They failed to remove my cell phone, keys, and audio recording device from my person! I was able to pick up pretty good audio of the entire event! As soon as my friend can figure out how to upload it to his PC, I'll try to get the audio and the police report posted here so you can compare the two.

This is not going look good for the officer(s) when compared to the police report. Let's just say that there are some 'discrepancies' between the two, especially concerning a certain officer's claim that he got my consent to search my car. There's plenty more (and more serious grievances), but I want to keep this on the down low until I have all my ducks in a row. The officer who wrote the report made many misrepresentations of fact, so it's gonna take a little time to dissect.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

VERY clever. I'm sure when the Captain reads this he is not going to be pleased with his officers. I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face for handling this the way you did.

PavePusher

imported post

"Overall, I think this conversation was good for both of us. I made it clear that I would rather see the department straighten its self out. Cptn Langston made it clear (in not so many words) that they are aware of some problems, and are taking steps to correct them. He also made it clear it is not the department's official position to discourage open carry."

Umm, so, what is their unofficial position? Hmmmm....