• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lowes?

badger

imported post

jbone thanks for your efforts looking into the Lowes situation. Made it to North Dakota in one piece. Feel free to PM me if you get any more info from them.

-Badger

jbone

imported post

badger wrote:
jbone thanks for your efforts looking into the Lowes situation. Made it to North Dakota in one piece. Feel free to PM me if you get any more info from them.

-Badger
badger, recieved call back from Lowes. Sent you a PM on the call. It has the phone number to the rep if you want to call him and update your thread.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Lowes in Lynnwood threw me out too. jbone can you PM me details on the call and who you talked to. I was trying to make contact with the District Manager in Smokey Point but I wasn't getting a call back.

jbone

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Lowes in Lynnwood threw me out too. jbone can you PM me details on the call and who you talked to. I was trying to make contact with the District Manager in Smokey Point but I wasn't getting a call back.
Sent you the PM withcontact number and details.

just_a_car

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Huh... so, let me know if this is a corporate thing or a local store thing; as it's now happened at both Lynnwood and Mill Creek.

I must say, that's odd it happened there, Lonnie, since I've OC'd there and not had a problem... twice? I know at least once and even had to ask for help from someone (as stated on the first page).

Until then, both stores have, at the very least, earned themselves a place on the Watch List.

kenshin

imported post

I've OCed at the new Lowes in Port Orchard 3 or 4 times without a word said. Same thing with the Home Depot in Gig Harbor, no problems.

In fact come to think of it, I've never had problems at a hardware store. I must look like the broke, do-it-yourself kind of guy. :lol:

jbone

imported post

Just back from vacation and this in my work email. This should clear up matters.

Replied On 8/7/2008 10:42:23 AM----------------------------------------

Dear Jxxx xxxx:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,

Julie Holloway

Lowe's Executive Customer Service

edit: Censored my name

gsx1138

imported post

I'm starting to think that store employees assume some of you guys are retired or off duty LEO's. There's no doubt with my hippy hair that I'm not a cop. I think appearence and assumption are more in play than anything.

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I'm starting to think that store employees assume some of you guys are retired or off duty LEO's. There's no doubt with my hippy hair that I'm not a cop. I think appearence and assumption are more in play than anything.
Hell, I have long hair in a ponytail, a beard and no one thinks I'm a cop either. But I've never in my life been asked if I was a cop. Of course being 60+ years old now tends to make people not question you when you have the attitude that "I know what I'm doing!" going for you.

gsx1138

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Hell, I have long hair in a ponytail, a beard and no one thinks I'm a cop either. But I've never in my life been asked if I was a cop. Of course being 60+ years old now tends to make people not question you when you have the attitude that "I know what I'm doing!" going for you.

People tell me I don't look or act my age so that could make a difference as well.:p You old farts have the senior,"I'm not in the mood for your sh!t" air about you. :D

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

People tell me I don't look or act my age so that could make a difference as well.:p You old farts have the senior,"I'm not in the mood for your sh!t" air about you. :D
This would be true. To even make it better, we have been around a long time and lots of people know who we are. It's even better when you live in small town America.

BlaineG

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

This would be true. To even make it better, we have been around a long time and lots of people know who we are. It's even better when you live in small town America.
I don't know......People look at me and assume that even I'm "well into my dotage:lol:) that I'm a warm, wonderful, kind and caring gentleman....:cuss: Just ask Bear:p

Bear 45/70

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

I don't know......People look at me and assume that even I'm "well into my dotage:lol:) that I'm a warm, wonderful, kind and caring gentleman....:cuss: Just ask Bear:p

RoflLg.gif

Or too stupid to be a problem!
roflmao.gif

jbone

imported post

Dear Jxxx xxxx:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,

Julie Holloway

Lowe's Executive Customer Service