• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Come to Students for Concealed Carry Press Conference in DC on 1 AUG 08 @ National Press Club!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

from http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2383535699, scroll down:

--

"We are looking for a few good folks out there to step up and help out this massively growing group. We're restructuring and are in the need of having state leaders at this point - our regional leaders are simply getting overwhelmed and need help. If you're up for taking the lead for SCCC in YOUR STATE, let us know at organizers@concealedcampus.org

COME TO OUR NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN D.C. - AUGUST 1ST. WE'LL HELP PAY YOUR WAY!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=32737160688

SCCC will be having our first National Conference on Aug. 1st at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Many distinguished guests will be there to speak in support of concealed carry on university campuses.

For students that want to go to the conference but are a little strapped for cash, we can help. Any student traveling over 750 miles to D.C. will get a travel stipend of $250. You will receive a check in this amount if you bring your student I.D. and flight or gas receipts to the conference. Once you buy your ticket, forward it to Reservations@ConcealedCampus.org to reserve your spot at the conference.

All students will get one night free in a hotel if you so desire. Email scccreservation@gmail.com if you are interested in getting a free room so that we can get an accurate count. We cannot guarantee that you will get your own room. Funds are limited and you may have to room with another member of SCCC if you come alone.

Contact your campus leader for more information or email questions to Reservations@ConcealedCampus.org"

like_the_roman

imported post

*sigh*

Why do they have to hold the conference in D.C.? Why not Missouri?

MO is more centrally located and you would actually be able carry a gun to the conference as it CCW reciprocity with most every state in the Union.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - John Pierce will be attending - I will be out of the country for a few days so hold down the fort till I get back.

Trty to come to this event if you can and remond everyone that stuidents often have significant off campus open carry fights already.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I won't be there because I just don't have the time. But even if I did I don't know that I would. We are trying to get carry on campus so that we can protect ourselves. And they want us to all disarm to go meet in DC? Sorry but DC is far more dangerous than my school and I have no intentions of going there any time soon.

You can't talk the talk and not walk the walk. If SCCC is going to argue that concealed carry makes an area safer, then for the safety of their visitors they should be holding the conference in Vermont.

Sorry, but this was strategically a very bad decision on their part.