• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Erie all weekend

Renegade

imported post

Visited my home in Erie this weekend and enjoyed attending events at St. Peter's Cathedral and Erie Yacht Club. Open carried everywhere as usual.

Both places are simply beautiful but my nod goes to St. Peters...breathtaking. Century old stained glass, masonary, woodwork, etc. - just wonderful.

There is something wonderful about wearing Super Bowl rings with a .45 hanging on your hip - what makes it even better was the fact that these VIPs were from a particular area of the country that entirely prohibits open/concealed carry for "normal" folks like us. Everyone was great - very friendly - true professionals at the top of their game.

Many smiles and handshakes were exchanged...all in all, another non event.

steveforopen

imported post

As you know from past experiences in Erie, we are one of the friendliest towns in the state to open carry in. Law enforcement is well aware of the legality of OC, as are the many pro-2a folk that inhabit this town.

Glad you had great experiences! I figured St. Peter's wouldn't be an issue but I don't know if I'd OC at the Erie Yacht Club... always felt I'd get too much attention from all the yuppie sailors!

P89

imported post

Glad to see you had a good uneventful time Renegade.

Like you said, St. Peters cathedrial is absolutely awesome,they just don't build them like that anymore.