Thread: CCW In New Mexico

Post imported post

I am a new resident in the state of New Mexico. I have a legal question for the community here. I was arrested as a minor in the state of Texas. I was given felony deferred adjudication probation for possession of a controlled substance. After successfully completing my probation I was released without a conviction. In Texas I would be able to apply for a CHL given that it has been 10 years post arrest and it was a nonviolent offense. I have been able to legally purchase firearms here, in New Mexico, but have recently begun to consider training and applying for a NM CCW permit, until I remembered my arrest committed in my youthful stupidity. Will I be able to receive the NM CHL? I have visited the NM DPS website but I can't find this specific issue discussed/raised. Any info and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    GW

Post imported post

I believe you can apply here as it was over ten years ago. I was arrested on a traffic court FTAwarrant that was then dismissed just 6 years ago and they gave me a CCW. I was up front about it and gave them all the info with my app and it didn't seem to matter. They're pretty nice down there in Albuquerque if you tell them about it and ask them before you pay your hundred bucks they'll probably tell you right then if it will affect appoval.