• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Move to Vermont

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

What with Vermont's great gun laws, I'm surprised to not hear any of you wanting to move to Vermont. Why's that?

imperialism2024

imported post

1) Can't go within 1000 feet of school property per unconstitutional Federal law.
2) No reciprocity because there's no permit

These two can be fixed by going to Alaska and getting an optional permit

3) Ban on carrying at college campuses
4) Lack of hatred for the Federal government (see Montana)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Washington suits me, plus it's closer to my land in Alaska, AND the hippies here make funny noises when they get pepper sprayed by cops for blockading military convoys. :p

VAopencarry

imported post

No permit to carry concealed but not much else is so great about their gun laws. I can carry without a permit in Va.

Plus Vermont will be over run by 'typical N.easterner's' read: NY'er's- before long. I say, no thanks, to New England.

thx997303

imported post

I like Utah, good mountains, good deserts. A good lake close by. Not bad.

OH and the gun laws aren't too bad either.

NObody move here! this is my state, the population is getting too high as it is.:D

LEO 229

imported post

The higher North you go..... The lower the temperature in the winter you get.

Going to stay where it is "warmer"

zoom6zoom

imported post

I have spent quite a bit of time there. Here's a few reasons:

1. It's cold, as has been said.
  2. 90% of the population are liberal nutjobs. (which makes the gun laws more amazing)
  3. It's Fricken COLD!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I like Utah, good mountains, good deserts. A good lake close by. Not bad.

OH and the gun laws aren't too bad either.

NObody move here! this is my state, the population is getting too high as it is.:D
The place is still to close to a theocracy for my tastes. The Mormon Church and it's system of beliefs is still too pervasive in government.

like_the_roman

imported post

I hate living in Arizona (too many illegal aliens and retirees from NY and CA) despite our decent gun laws. However, I would never move to Vermont because:

1. Vermont has the highest state taxes in the U.S. (14.1%) and the 9th highest cost of living.
2. Vermont elected Bernie Sanders to the Senate.
3. It's damn cold.

Tennessee might make a nice place to settle down. 2nd lowest cost of living, 4th lowest tax burden, and a great climate to boot.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

No thanks!!! I'm going to ride it out here in Michigan. The laws are a little rough around the edges but they're not that bad. I always think of the members here at OCDO who live in states where the gun laws are much worse than in Michigan, IMO, before I complain.