• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kirkland 24 Hour Fitness OC Friendly

badger

imported post

I just moved from downtown Seattle to Kirkland with my wife and 7 week old daughter. Last week I went into the 24 Hour Fitness at [size="-1"]529 Parkplace Ctr
Kirkland, WA 98033, to get a membership setup. While I was filling out paperwork the club manager, Noah Gross, approached me and asked if I was carrying a Ruger. I told him it was a Baby Eagle 45 ACP from Magnum Research and asked if he carried or shot. He said he didn't carry but would like to do some shooting as he hadn't been to a range in a while. We talked for a few minutes about guns in general then he gave me a personal tour of the whole facility. During my tour we were interupted by another employee with a question for Noah. At this time I was approached by none-other-than the Northwest District Manager, Kevin Long. He introduced himself and appologized for the interuption, but shortly Noah was free to continue my tour. After getting a very thorough look at the gym, Noah and I headed over to his desk to complete the registration process. While chatting with him and going over details Kevin came up to us for a minute only to reguest that if I am carrying my "piece" into the gym that I have it with me at all times either in its holster or in a fannypack so it doesn't get stolen out of a locker as a few customers in the region have reported having firearms stolen from their lockers while using the gym. Both were very OC friendly and coming from the district manager it made me pretty happy. Add 24 Hour Fitness to the ProGun list!

-Badger
[/size]

compmanio365

imported post

Wow, very nice.......I am very wary of gyms, due to the hassle I'm going through right now with Bally Fitness (they are trying to send me to collections when I've canceled my membership 10 times over, cut them from my bank since they kept taking money out....:X), but everything I've heard so far about 24 Hour Fitness has been very positive......

badger

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
Congrats on your daughter, and on a side note how is that case with the subway incident going?
Thanks, she's doing great. As far as the Subway fiasco, still waiting for the full 2 months to pass before filing the official lawsuit with my lawyer, Randy Loun, against Snohomish County. They haven't responded to my claim yet so I am pretty sure the matter is going to require being settled in court. Been a headache but progress is being made, slow as it may be.

-Badger

arms_libertas

imported post

As a member @ 24HR Fitness I'm excited to hear the comments from the disctrict manager. I checked into this in the past and again as soon as I read this string, and the 24hour fitness website says that all weapons are prohibited:
Prohibited items and activity:
No Weapons: No weapons of any kind are permitted in 24 Hour Fitness facilities.

http://www.24hourfitness.com/membership/member_policies/
Maybe they aren't enforcing it, have changed the policy but not the website, or the individual districts have flexibility in what they do, but I wanted to put this out there just in case.

pokerpsn

imported post

Good stuff, I am new to the whole OC thing, and I live in Kirkland, so I am glad to see folks in Kirkland with no hassle. How is the Kirkland PD? Has anyone had any problems with them?

just_a_car

imported post

Glad to see you joined up pokerpsn. Folks, I met pokerpsn at the Kirkland Sheri's that I frequent, handed him a pamphlet and chatted with him a bit about CC and OC; he's good people. ;)