• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox News Chicago to Air a segment on Illegal Guns on its July 7 9:00 p.m. broadcast

tattedupboy

imported post

For those of you who live in and around Chicago, Fox news Chicago will air a segment on its July 7 news broadcast at 9 p.m. that they are calling "Chicago's Gun Pipeline." From the previews I've seen of it, it seems as if it will be biased, but I do plan to see it nevertheless.

Orygunner

imported post

MyFox Chicago has the segment up on their website:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6930996&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

It focuses mainly on a straw purchaser "Ring" that one guy from Chicago organized in Mississippi to purchase handguns from local stores and ship them to gangs in Chicago. Not strongly anti-gun, but calling a lot of attention towards the problem of straw purchasers and "illegal guns," and not enough attention towards the cause of the problem (CRIMINALS), or the solution (ARM MORE LAW-ABIDING CHICAGOANS).

...Orygunner...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Typical. Blame others for the scum bags in Chicago.
That's so true. But the problem is far more sinister and deep than it appears. Problem is, it's not going to disappear. The people (and kinds of people) who caused all of this in the first place are the same ones screaming for greater restrictions on the rights of Americans. There is reason for this and the reason is evil.