• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to Police Departments

thx997303

imported post

So, can anyone give me a hand with creating a letter to send to Police departments?

The way I see it is this, we send the letter certified mail, where the recipient has to sign for it, therefore giving us proof that the letter was received.

We send these letters to the Chief of Police in our respective cities. Then they either say "Oh, I guess we better not hassle people who OC." Or it at the very least removes the argument that they didn't know the law.

By my figuring, this would help with LEO training, and if it came down to it, would help us in any cases we may end up fighting.

I would also think that sending them to the heads at dispatch may also help us, as it will help lessen the number of MWAG calls that actually get sent out.

Just my thoughts. Probably already mentioned, but I didn't see it anywhere, so here it is.

Outsider

imported post

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2485

I've sent letters to all of the following:

-Captain Bruce Riches (c/o Lieutenant Al Christianson), Utah Highway Patrol (Orem)
-Sheriff James O. Tracy, Jr (c/o Sergeant Dennis Harris), Utah County Sherrif's Department
-Chief Michael J. Larsen, Orem PD
-Chief Craig Geslison, Provo PD
-Chief Chad Smith, Lehi PD
-Chief Cody B. Cullimore, Lindon PD
-Chief Tom Paul, Pleasant Grove PD
-Chief Lance M. Call, American Fork PD
-Mike Stilwell, Range Masters of Utah LC (Owner)

I have only gotten a reply back from Mike Stilwell at Range Masters. *shrugs* Going to send some follow-ups soon (I know I've been saying that just been busy).

scorpioajr

imported post

Outsider wrote:

-Captain Bruce Riches (c/o Lieutenant Al Christianson), Utah Highway Patrol (Orem)
-Sheriff James O. Tracy, Jr (c/o Sergeant Dennis Harris), Utah County Sherrif's Department

I have only gotten a reply back from Mike Stilwell at Range Masters. *shrugs* Going to send some follow-ups soon (I know I've been saying that just been busy).
You freakin rock bro. I have seen you do so much for every one this site in way of information and puttin' the damn ball in motion! shouldn't you be the guest of honor at the meet we are all planning??

:celebrate

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does anyone remember the example someone wrote for dispatch? I thought it was really good, I think that we should send it into the dispatch department and see what they do with it. Who knows maybe they will make it part of there protocol to tell people when they call about a person with a gun. It seems like it was written a few months ago.

Outsider

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
Outsider wrote:

You freakin rock bro. I have seen you do so much for every one this site in way of information and puttin' the damn ball in motion! shouldn't you be the guest of honor at the meet we are all planning??

:celebrate
Others here have done a lot more then me. Just another gun owner. :D