• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Parade Entry (float?)

eddified

imported post

After watching a parade (and hearing of many others) during Independence day festivities 2008, I had an idea:

What if we got together and put together a parade entry (could be a float, but doesn't necessarily need to be) for a parade next year during independence day festivities?

We could have a big main banner that says something like: "opencarry.org : preserving your 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms"

and then have lesser signs with more info, etc:
"Open Carry Is Legal in Utah with no bullet in chamber"
"Join us at opencarry.org"
etc.....

Just an idea.

eddified

imported post

Oh, and everyone would be Open Carrying (obviously).

Perhaps shoulder rigs would be best, since they are arguably the most visible way to carry in that it's much easier to miss a waistband holster but its hard not to notice someone wearing a shoulder holster, esp when wearing a white shirt, etc.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think that is a great idea, why not try and do something this year? Each city has its own annual event with parades included. Don't know if there would be enough time but it is worth a shot. I would support it, just couldn't do anything right now. I would be willing to help out next year for the 4th.

:celebrateAnother great idea to get our name out there!!!:celebrate
So we can educate more people!

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

packingmama wrote:
I think that is a great idea, why not try and do something this year? Each city has its own annual event with parades included. Don't know if there would be enough time but it is worth a shot. I would support it, just couldn't do anything right now. I would be willing to help out next year for the 4th.

Does West Valley have one? :lol:

thx997303

imported post

I think that they would like the idea, We should find out.

BUT, then again this may be pushing too hard to soon.

I think we need to get the PDs to realize that it's legal first.

yo101jimmy

imported post

well it would be fun! even if wanted to do something small I know Spanish Fork has thier days the same time around the 24th of July :banghead:

xmirage2kx

imported post

Outsider wrote:
Not to be a downer but I don't think we'd be able to get anything together in that short of a time.

Come on now, All we need is a lifted red ford truck flying the confederate flag, a dead deer, Ducktape, some Jack/Bud, and a bunch of cut off flannel shirts or tanktops and worn outjeans

:p

LovesHisXD45

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
Come on now, All we need is a lifted red ford truck flying the confederate flag, a dead deer, Ducktape, some Jack/Bud, and a bunch of cut off flannel shirts or tanktops and worn outjeans

Rofl :D

Kevin

colormered

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:

And once we scrounge all that together, all that's left is to come up with something to put in the parade! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate