• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thought you guys woudl appreciate this.

Francis Marion

imported post

My Platoon's standard in Basic was 1 min dissassemble and 1 min reassemble blindfolded. Most of us completed both tasks within a min. That was 23 years ago; I would have to practice my sequence a few times to do it today.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
packingmama wrote:
That is awesome, wish I could do that!
Go get the Stag, and start practicing. :p
You come watch the kids, clean house - all the time, do my homework, do the grocery shopping and returns and the rest of the errands, make breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks in between, change all the diapers, clean up all the messes over and over again, take care of the garden and the flowers, read to the kids, then read some more, color with them, put them down for naps, take care of the cats, do my church assignments, entertain the kids some more, do you want me to keep going on? Hun maybe if I were single or we had no kids I would have more time on my hands! I just don't have the time to go get the Stag and start practicing. And I know you want to start picking apart my reply, but please don't I have plenty of good excuses to come back and many more details were I could fit in. Yes I know you help me with many and you are great at whatever you do and you make the living which I appreciate. The fact is she is eleven with with no job, husband, or kids I am assuming this! She is a very talented young girl who has obviously had alot of practice. I hope she keeps it up and never stops, maybe she will one day be a world record holder. I wish more woman were like her and were taught the way she was taught, she is remarkable. I wish her the best for the future.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In the first few seconds I thought... It must be some Marines or Army guyslittle girl....

and at the end... yup, Army. I dont think I would run my son or daughter through this drill, even though when I was in the Marine Corps I could do it faster than any one else in my platoon, I would just teach them how to operate it correctly.

I dont know... I'm impressed that she can do it at all, but at the same time I'm not because her dad had her do it, and.... I wouldn't put my kid on you tube

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
Guys - I really just thought it was freakin cool. Didn't mean to imply that no one else couldn't do it..ummm, ya. sry.:banghead:

Its nothing to be sorry about. It is cool... Not too many kids may know how to take down that rifle. If your going to own/shoot a gun you should be able to know how to disassemble and reassemble it.

sure anyone can do it with any firearm quickly, it just takes practice