• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packing.org information

Dave Workman

imported post

John Lott has asked me to help track down the guy(s) who used to run Packing.org. Anybody know who that might have been?

IanB

imported post

Guy named Mark Solomon ran PDO. That's all I know. Anyone else?

joeroket

imported post

The registrant info for Packing.org unfortunately just points back to networksolutions.com

Don't know if it is still a good address but I did manage to find this.

msolomon@seva.net

I would wager that the person who owns this site knows him personally if it isn't mark himself.

http://www.athaena.org/

Here is the whois lookup from athaena.org and the name servers for that domain are ns1.seva.net and ns2.seva.net so maybe the e-mail above is a good one still.

Solomon, Mark hostmaster@packing.org 1524 S Elizabeth St Denver, CO 80210 US Phone: 7202352077 Fax: 801-841-6447

44Brent

imported post

I doubt anyone will have any luck getting Mark to respond. I and others repeatedly tried to contact Mark to get stuff fixed on his web site. He simply ignored any and all attempts to contact him.

heresolong

imported post

Weird that he apparently renewed the domain just last September when the site has been down for what, two years or so?

heresolong

imported post

joeroket wrote:
The update portion could have been him updating the contact information. It also may be set to automatically renew the domain.
It was at five years and refreshed for a period of five yeras so looks more like a domain renewal. I'm not aware of automatic renewals. I work on a couple websites and every time it comes due we have to take action if we want to keep it.

Really too bad. This was a great website and I don't understand why the guy wouldn't let it go to people who could keep it running if he isn't going to do anything.

joeroket

imported post

heresolong wrote:
joeroket wrote:
The update portion could have been him updating the contact information. It also may be set to automatically renew the domain.
It was at five years and refreshed for a period of five yeras so looks more like a domain renewal. I'm not aware of automatic renewals. I work on a couple websites and every time it comes due we have to take action if we want to keep it.

Really too bad. This was a great website and I don't understand why the guy wouldn't let it go to people who could keep it running if he isn't going to do anything.
Ahhh. I didn't look real close at the time frame between activities. Auto renewals are nice, I run a web hosting company and all of ours are auto renew. It is works out very nice.