• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDILC - Open Carry Dinner In Loudoun County SAT 7/26/08 7PM

nova

imported post

Also replied...also see you there (if I can...I should be able to make it though) :)

TexasNative

imported post

I hope I can make it, but realistically I'm afraid other obligations will prevent my attendance. So for now, I'm a "maybe."

TweeksTurbos

imported post

I will come! This will be my first, if its ok, I have a few palls that will probably come out too.

MeBaby

imported post

One quick question.... Do we really want our group to meet at a restaurant started by an avowed gun grabber/UN supporter? Just curious. I don't think I want to put any money in that mans pocket (knowingly).

MeBaby

imported post

One quick question.... Do we really want our group to meet at a restaurant started by an avowed gun grabber/UN supporter? Just curious. I don't think I want to put any money in that mans pocket (knowingly).

Sorry... double tap :(

TexasNative

imported post

Hmm...first attempt didn't go through. Let's try this again.

Yeah, I'll pay him my money just to be able to wear a gun in his restaurant. Well, that plus the food, drink and camaraderie.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

naked wrote:

Attending a car show in Sterling, don't know when it will be over. The gun show is the same day, shouldn't we all meet at hooters next to the gun show instead? <grin>
So.. maybe we could do the hooters thing at LUNCH on Saturday the 26th? I am still havign dinner too.

Harper1227

imported post

Grapeshotwrote:
OK - I'm back and I've got more to say on the subject so listen up class.

Our purpose here is or at least should be to defend, promote and educate the public, our legislators and ourselves regarding 2nd Amendment rights and particularly open carry. We shall be judged and so too our cause shall be in a great part by who and what we appear to be - other people's perception of us.

Imagine the field day the press would have had if any of the OC dinner/LEO confrontations had occurred at a "gentleman's club." Further, what would the response have been from those we wish to convert - the family man,his wife, the single school teacher, etc. Are such clubs legal? Is OCing in one legal? Is it legal to drink under these circumstances? Is the food good? We all know the answer to the first three questions (of course they are) and the answer to the 4th is most frequently, "I don't know."

We are already too frequently characterized as beer drinkin', tobbaco chewin', truck drivin', and (gasp) gun tottin' country bumpkins!" Before anyone chooses to point out that all of the aforementioned conditions are legal and should not be the critera for judging a person, I agree but, we do not live in a vacumm. We are all judged and affect our cause by how we dress, in what manner we conduct ourselves and where we are seen - and we are neither the judge nor jury. Simple put: place your best foot forward, turn your head to give your best profile to the camera of public opinion.

I am not critizing you or where you choose to take your family - your choice completely. Just please wear neither a VCDL shirt nor OCDO hat when frequenting establishments with less than steller images. You may however wear your company logo - I'm sure that it is good for business.

Class dismissed.

Yata hey

I just want to highlight what grapeshot said in another forum on the subject of going to hooters. I could care less about the place myself, been there a bunch of times and it doesn't offend my sensibility, but I kinda agree with Grapeshot on this. Just my .02