• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US v Olofson Update

thorvaldr

imported post

Sorry about the Obama thing.

So what are we going to do about it? I have an idea. Currently there is a bill (HR4900)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-4900

It yanks the BATFE's leash on a bunch of other subjects.

It is currently in the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. They have the authority to make changes to the bill before recommending it for a vote. Everyone should bring this mans plight, and the BATFE actions that led to it, to the attention of every member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. You can find a list of the members from the above link. Ask them to take positive action on this bill and to include a provision that a malfunctioning weapon does not count as machingun.

Defence funds and well wishes are important but in the long run, the BATFE needs to be controlled and the laws need to be changed.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The BATFE needs to be disbanded and eliminated. But the bloviaters in the Capital Building are not ever going to relinquish such great control over We, the People. I would love to see them reigned in, but I don't see it happening in the next 4 years.

thorvaldr

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
The BATFE needs to be disbanded and eliminated. But the bloviaters in the Capital Building are not ever going to relinquish such great control over We, the People. I would love to see them reigned in, but I don't see it happening in the next 4 years.
That's why we've got to do it now. A case like this is blatant enough that congress would have to pass a law to do something about it or end up looking like jerks. The homeland security etc. subcommittee has the power to add a protection to people with malfunctioning weapons to HR 4900 and kick it to the next step.

I don't know about you but I would like to not spend 30 months in the pen if my semi auto ever malfunctions.

Pointman

imported post

What really gets me is that even if any multi-firing gun is a machine gun, it wasn't one when he transferred it!!!!!

imperialism2024

imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
That's why we've got to do it now. A case like this is blatant enough that congress would have to pass a law to do something about it or end up looking like jerks. The homeland security etc. subcommittee has the power to add a protection to people with malfunctioning weapons to HR 4900 and kick it to the next step.

I don't know about you but I would like to not spend 30 months in the pen if my semi auto ever malfunctions.
Better work on getting that 2/3 majority in Congress... :uhoh:

Still doing this about the OP, though: :banghead:

scarletwahoo

imported post

Welcome to new America, 'land of the cowardice, home of the enslaved' Gun laws and drug laws are clearly unconstitutional, yet the government loves to imprison nonviolent offenders.

Some convicted rapists get less time than he is getting, 'liberty and justice for all'?

David Olofson and his family are in my prayers.

WhiteFeather

imported post

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Lsfsk6BQKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbq--pFYcLw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But this guy is crazy! Why would we want him to lead the country? No I am so happy everyone voted for the person they thought would win and not someone like this...

:banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss: