Thread: This scares me.

Post imported post

http://www.ohioccw.org/files/2008-06...45_05-0001.mp3

This kind of crap makes me scared to OC. Does anyone know of this account? And did anything come of it?

Ok, found a thread on this in the Ohio section. (imagine that). Sounds like it's getting resolved.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

Yeah, haven't OCed in public yet, but this kind of scenario is something I hope to avoid.

Gonna wait for my CPL anyways so I don't have to worry about unloading when I get to my car.

Post imported post

Edited out.

==============================

I went to ohioccw.org and listened to the original 911 call (placed by an Officer, no less). The call was a report of a man with a single semiauto in a holster walking down the street.

That's a whole different story. He got jacked up pretty good for nothing.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

That audio is absolutely amazing. All the Sgt got was a written reprimand? Unbelievable anyone with a badge would feel they had a right to talk to a completely compliant citizen that way.

I would most definitely be pursuing a suit against that department.

Post imported post

It sounds like OhioCCWhas this well in hand (at 42 pages as of this post). Seems like they've had some interloping from OCDO/Ohio and THR that was not helpful to their cause. I do think that this is a good academic discussion with full incident audio and FOIA'd 911 call(s). I haven't found those; if anyone has that link, could you post it?

This is not something to get worked up over, though I admit my BP was rising when listening. I had to take it in small chunks. We have our own local issues and should learn from this what we can. It's a long read but I intend to make it through that thread.

Post imported post

I am not familiar with this Ohio story but atleast the cops didn't throw him in cuffs or worse. My Subway incident up in Snohomish County back in May went much worse. I wish my uncle had had a voice recorder at the time when I was outside with my face against the cement and cuffed while I got my ass chewed by Snohomish Deputies. I wouldn't have had time to turn on a recorder myself as I was jumped from behind by the 1st deputy.

This guy in Ohio kept his cool and was polite and reacted to his situation calmly and appropriately. Hope he pursues the case and helps educate the LEOs involved along with the rest of their dept.

Harassment for behaving legally sucks major cack.

-Badger

Link to my Subway incident below

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/11415.html
    1911 before dialing 911.

Post imported post

badger wrote:
    I wish my uncle had had a voice recorder at the time when I was outside with my face against the cement and cuffed while I got my ass chewed by Snohomish Deputies. I wouldn't have had time to turn on a recorder myself as I was jumped from behind by the 1st deputy.
    ...another reason to get a 12-hour-capacity digital recorder and turn it on when you dress in the morning and let it run until you get home at night. Wipe it if nothing "interesting" happened that day.

Post imported post

I am not familiar with this Ohio story but atleast the cops didn't throw him in cuffs or worse. My Subway incident up in Snohomish County back in May went much worse.
    I read through your story back when you first posted. That encounter was re-friggin-diculous.