• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This scares me.

holeinhead

imported post

Yeah, haven't OCed in public yet, but this kind of scenario is something I hope to avoid.

Gonna wait for my CPL anyways so I don't have to worry about unloading when I get to my car.

3/325

imported post

Edited out.

==============================

I went to ohioccw.org and listened to the original 911 call (placed by an Officer, no less). The call was a report of a man with a single semiauto in a holster walking down the street.

That's a whole different story. He got jacked up pretty good for nothing.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

That audio is absolutely amazing. All the Sgt got was a written reprimand? Unbelievable anyone with a badge would feel they had a right to talk to a completely compliant citizen that way.

I would most definitely be pursuing a suit against that department.

Gene Beasley

imported post

It sounds like OhioCCWhas this well in hand (at 42 pages as of this post). Seems like they've had some interloping from OCDO/Ohio and THR that was not helpful to their cause. I do think that this is a good academic discussion with full incident audio and FOIA'd 911 call(s). I haven't found those; if anyone has that link, could you post it?

This is not something to get worked up over, though I admit my BP was rising when listening. I had to take it in small chunks. We have our own local issues and should learn from this what we can. It's a long read but I intend to make it through that thread.

badger

imported post

I am not familiar with this Ohio story but atleast the cops didn't throw him in cuffs or worse. My Subway incident up in Snohomish County back in May went much worse. I wish my uncle had had a voice recorder at the time when I was outside with my face against the cement and cuffed while I got my ass chewed by Snohomish Deputies. I wouldn't have had time to turn on a recorder myself as I was jumped from behind by the 1st deputy.

This guy in Ohio kept his cool and was polite and reacted to his situation calmly and appropriately. Hope he pursues the case and helps educate the LEOs involved along with the rest of their dept.

Harassment for behaving legally sucks major cack.

-Badger

Link to my Subway incident below

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/11415.html

John Hardin

imported post

badger wrote:
I wish my uncle had had a voice recorder at the time when I was outside with my face against the cement and cuffed while I got my ass chewed by Snohomish Deputies. I wouldn't have had time to turn on a recorder myself as I was jumped from behind by the 1st deputy.
...another reason to get a 12-hour-capacity digital recorder and turn it on when you dress in the morning and let it run until you get home at night. Wipe it if nothing "interesting" happened that day.

3/325

imported post

I am not familiar with this Ohio story but atleast the cops didn't throw him in cuffs or worse. My Subway incident up in Snohomish County back in May went much worse.
I read through your story back when you first posted. That encounter was re-friggin-diculous.