• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

July Open Carry Meetup

grishnav

imported post

Had a bunch of people asking me about this, so I figued I'd start a thread instead!

I might be heading to Seattle for an extended business trip (1-2yr) for my company, and there's a chance I won't be able to make the next meetup (because I might be leaving this month). So I might not be able to make it. :(

Anyway, the general suggestion is that we hit a park in Lake-O and either have a BBQ or Potluck type of gathering. Several different people have suggested different parks. I'll leave it to them to post their ideas. We need to answer three questions:

1. What day?
2. Which park?
3. If BBQ, who can bring a BBQ?

So... start throwing out dates that work for you and we'll see where it goes!

SetivaSicWood

imported post

OK...

I suggest Sat 7/26 (a date I think I can remember, considering I am suggesting it)

Say, 1:00 pm.

George Rogers Park,

Down town Lake Oswego. The park is at the confluence of the Willamette river and sucker creek, the outlet of Lake Oswego.

I can provide a gas grill, perhapseven two.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm up for almost any weekend. The earlier we can nail down a date the better though. I'm not familiar with anything in Lake-O so I'll have to take someone elses word on this. I think depending on what park will dictate what goes on. Some may have built in bbq's where we can bring briquets and go that route. Depending on how many people come, I could arrange a couple of smaller propane grills, or bring out a full sized propane bbq. We could keep it simple with chicken breasts and/or pre-made hamburgers. Maybe some sort of potluck. I would request that there be some shade if possible. Getting kind of warm out.

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
I'm up for almost any weekend. The earlier we can nail down a date the better though. I'm not familiar with anything in Lake-O so I'll have to take someone elses word on this. I think depending on what park will dictate what goes on. Some may have built in bbq's where we can bring briquets and go that route. Depending on how many people come, I could arrange a couple of smaller propane grills, or bring out a full sized propane bbq. We could keep it simple with chicken breasts and/or pre-made hamburgers. Maybe some sort of potluck. I would request that there be some shade if possible. Getting kind of warm out.

Shade may be in short supply in L.O. How about somewhere on the Sandy, Like Dodge Park? Plenty of trees for coverif it's hot.

Maybe get in some Steelhead fishing by the bridge as well....

ccw9mm

imported post

July 26 sounds fine. Given the increasing heat, Dodge Park sounds like a good choice. It's a bit of a hike eastward, but it's a nice area. Has picnic tables, bbq stands, shade trees.

Cremator75

imported post

IMHO Something on the west side, or atl east not at the Gorge would work better for me. That is quite a hike for most of the people that were at the last get together.

Thanatos

imported post

SetivaSicWood wrote:
Shade may be in short supply in L.O.
There is another park in Lake Oswego, on Lakeview Blvd, just easy of South Shore Rd. The whole of the park is covered with large trees; it is all in shade. And it is on Oswego Lake, proper...

SetivaSicWood

imported post

The park on Lakeview Blvd isn't listed a s "public" park rather it's one for residents with a L.O. address, as is the morrage 1/4 mile to the east. Hense as it's a private park, I am quite sure they would frown on firearms and would have the right to ask us to leave.

Mary S Young park in West Linn might be worth considering. (On hwy 43 apx 10 miles south of L.O.)

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

There's Hammerle Park in West Linn just east of I205 at the Lake Oswego Exit. They have a covered picnic area that you can reserve lots of shade trees, play equipment for the kids, and a wading pool.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Finally got through to someone in City of West Linn and as I expected, almost all the picnic tables in the park are reserved. I will try the city of Hillsboro skate park, but I'm think the results will be the same. I'm finding that most of the shelters get reserved at least a couple of months in advance. We need to talk about a yearly calendar if we want these meets to become a regular thing.

I'll let you know what I find out with City of Hillsboro.

grishnav

imported post

Well guys, I propose we just find a restaurant and do a lunch thing, if we can't get a park. I'm leaving for an extended business trip and it'll be a while before I get to come hang out with you all again. I'd like to do one last OC outing down here before I join the fun and excitement up in Northern Washington. :lol: