• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Jordan to hold public meeting tonight on banning of toy guns

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

South Jordan (Police Department) will hold an "educational" (aka propaganda) meeting tonight to try to convince you that banning toy guns and bows & arrows in the city is a good idea.

A second meeting is scheduled for the 22nd.

You might want to attend one or both, see what is said, and then let your mayor and city council know what you think it firm, but polite, civil, mature terms.

Charles

Event Information
July 8th
Title of Event: Air Gun Public Education and Information Meeting Description:
6:30 - 7:30 pm Location: South Jordan Community Center (10778 S. Redwood Rd)

July 22nd
6:30 - 7:30 pm Location: Gale Center of History and Culture (10300 S. Beckstead Lane)

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Outsider wrote:
I would but too late of notice and the Season Finale of Hell's Kitchen is tonight. :D
You watch TV without a DVR?!?!?!?

I waste far too much time watching TV. But at least with a DVR I do it on my schedule and without suffering through commericals.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
South Jordan (Police Department) will hold an "educational" (aka propaganda) meeting tonight to try to convince you that banning toy guns and bows & arrows in the city is a good idea.

A second meeting is scheduled for the 22nd.

You might want to attend one or both, see what is said, and then let your mayor and city council know what you think it firm, but polite, civil, mature terms.

Charles

Event Information
July 8th
6:30 - 7:30 pm Location: South Jordan Community Center (10778 S. Redwood Rd)

July 22nd
6:30 - 7:30 pm Location: Gale Center of History and Culture (10300 S. Beckstead Lane)

Any update on how this event played out? Are they actually serious about this???

Kevin

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:

Any update on how this event played out? Are they actually serious about this???

Kevin
The PD has modified the ordinance so it is slightly less onerous than the original. They clearly hope to eliminate enough opposition to pass something. It is still not a good ordinance, and is really un-needed.

I suggest all available attend the next meeting. Nip this in the bud before it surfaces in your community.