• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart OC Problem

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
asforme wrote: [/b]
Actually, my understanding from others who have dealt with this is that Wal-Mart takes this issue very seriously, and any manager who is loosing them business may end up looking for a job.

Walmart's official policy is to mirror state law.
That pretty much sums up the situation and corporate policy. If the numerous members who have related problems with carrying in the particular store were to all write to corporate ASAP I think you would see an in store policy change in short order.

Michigander

imported post

Although I don't knock anyone for going there, walmart is in many ways really screwed up business that is severely screwing up this and other countries. If they make the customer base happy, but piss off a few meaningless people like yourself, they don't care. The individual is unimportant to them, all that matters is a more broad flow of cash towards the higher ups. In my opinion, for anyone who is dissatisfied with anything involving them, the best way to fix that problem is to shop elsewhere.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

While choosing to take my business elsewhere is always an option, it does nothing to change to minds or attitudes of the people who run these places. That only happens when LOTS of people take their money somewhere else. If this issue isn't resolved, then it will be my last resort. Until then....

While I may feel ok taking my money elsewhere, the real issue is that other people are going to continue running into this problem there. While I can take the easy way out and avoid the place, I'd rather take a small stand, speak up and voice my concern to those in charge. If more people would take this attitude (not just about Walmart, but other larger issues) we might see positive change happen faster.

BTW, I agree about not liking Walmart for several reasons other than this OC issue.

Thanks for the comments.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It seems to me that the issue is whether or not this particular Wal-Mart is aware of and follows company policy. That company policy has been posted and commented on innumerable times: they follow the law of the state where they are located.

Activism in situations like this is easy and usually consists of contacting Corporate HQ with the store location, date of incident, employee ID (as much as possible if names are not known) and description of the event.

Historically the result is that the local store management has a "come to Jesus" meeting with Corporate HQ, and then the local store employees have the same meeting wuith the now-reformed manager(s). If there is a repeat episode the historical result is a change of management and the firing of the identified employees.

Not saying you have not already done so, but if you have not sent a complaint to Corporate HQ you really should do so not only for your own advantage but for the good it will do everyone who comes after you.

stay safe.

skidmark

imperialism2024

imported post

skidmark wrote:
It seems to me that the issue is whether or not this particular Wal-Mart is aware of and follows company policy. That company policy has been posted and commented on innumerable times: they follow the law of the state where they are located.

Activism in situations like this is easy and usually consists of contacting Corporate HQ with the store location, date of incident, employee ID (as much as possible if names are not known) and description of the event.

Historically the result is that the local store management has a "come to Jesus" meeting with Corporate HQ, and then the local store employees have the same meeting wuith the now-reformed manager(s). If there is a repeat episode the historical result is a change of management and the firing of the identified employees.

Not saying you have not already done so, but if you have not sent a complaint to Corporate HQ you really should do so not only for your own advantage but for the good it will do everyone who comes after you.
Exactly. This isn't an issue of convincing the store to change its policy to support OC, but rather convincing the store to adhere to its own policy. I assume that WalMart's corporate stance of going by the respective state laws is meant to 1) appeal to gun owners as customers and 2) ensure that customers do not get harassed/ejected from a particular WalMart for following what they knew of other WalMarts.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't even like Wal-Mart and have boycotted it. But I will go there to support a cause, I just won't actually buy anything.

On the otherhand however I spent near 1 1/2 hour in a local Target store with not 1 single issue. . . I didn't realize until later that I was wearing a red shirt that day. . wonder if people thought I worked there.