• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, Boys and Girls, I'm more than likely Retiring...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

from carrying, BOTH OCing and CCing.

Certain events lately, has brought to my attention that there is nothing of any real value to protect anymore and therefore no reason to carry.

Stored away all my firearms today. Might even sell 'em.

Who knows...the future may be different.

I can't say that I will NOT be on here and follow along on updates. I will not close my account, but I may not be as active as I have been before.

I will probably not spend much of any time other than the odd peek-a-boo over on UCC either.

Thanks to ALL y'all for everything. You all are Troopers.

TJ

Machoduck

imported post

From all I've heard of West Valley City, you might consider moving to a better place in Utah. Certainly rethink this retirement. You might just be tired, or your immune system fighting off something. Certainly there's an ebb and flow to growth of liberty. Viewed another way, it's the same with tyranny.

Was there some series of recent events that has you down? One of the reasons most of us are here is to help each other when we're down. If Outsider is wrong please share with us when you're able.

MD

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
From all I've heard of West Valley City, you might consider moving to a better place in Utah. Certainly rethink this retirement. You might just be tired, or your immune system fighting off something. Certainly there's an ebb and flow to growth of liberty. Viewed another way, it's the same with tyranny.

Was there some series of recent events that has you down? One of the reasons most of us are here is to help each other when we're down. If Outsider is wrong please share with us when you're able.

MD

Has nothing to do with that at all.

I just used to have something special by myside for 9+ years, and no longer the case. I don't need to be protected but I use to have a reason to protect something valueable and no longer the case.

The WVC "incidents" has NOTHING to do with this decision.

TJ

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dude I'm sorry.....

I still owe you a beer, so we have to hang out sometime.
You'll get through it.

41 Magnum

imported post

If you need anything, anything at all, just shoot me a PM. Seriously.

I understand that your world is spinning at the moment, but hold off on any major decisions until you've had a chance to check your emotions. Once you've had time to think logically, then make the decisions needed.

It seems that anytime I made a major decision while reallystruggling with a heavy mental load, it turned out to be the wrong one. Wouldn't want you to do the same.:(

PavePusher

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Machoduck wrote:

MD

I just used to have something special by myside for 9+ years, and no longer the case. I don't need to be protected but I use to have a reason to protect something valueable and no longer the case.

TJ

You do still have something valuble to protect: yourself! We value the heck out of you and want you to be around for a good long time, not because you're a good fighter for our civil rights, but because you are one hell of an all-around decent human being, a breed that seems to have been on a decline in recent years.

If you need anything, let us know.

Walther

imported post

TJ, I won't type again what I did on UCC other than you can see a lot of people care about you and wish you the best.

Hang in there bud.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I know this sounds kinda selfish, but you gotta look out for number one. YOU are the most important thing you can protect.

Think of it this way. I carry to protect myself, and my kids. If I am unarmed, so are they. If I am dead, who knows what will happen to them.

Don't let this get you down, TJ. You may be losing somebody you love dearly, but don't let something you love leave with it.

This may not be appropriate, given the circumstances, but here are some reason why you should not throw in the towel.

Top 10 reasons a gun is favored over a woman

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.
# 9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you’re on the road.
# 8. If you admire a friend’s gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.
# 7. Your primary gun doesn’t mind if you keep another gun for a backup.
# 6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.
# 5. A gun doesn’t take up a lot of closet space.
# 4. Guns function normally every day of the month.
# 3. A gun doesn’t ask , ‘Do these new grips make me look fat?’
# 2. A gun doesn’t mind if you go to sleep after you use it.
# 1. YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN

dbc3804

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Machoduck wrote:

MD

TJ

You do still have something valuble to protect: yourself! We value the heck out of you and want you to be around for a good long time, not because you're a good fighter for our civil rights, but because you are one hell of an all-around decent human being, a breed that seems to have been on a decline in recent years.

If you need anything, let us know.

What he said. Just remember you have friends all over the country that you haven't even met. Yet.

Danny

vinnie

imported post

I woke up thuis last january 5th to a gone wife and 5 yo son and a restraining order. (just because she could) I turned 40 on the 11th and our 10th aniversery would have benon the 18th.

Dont listen to any music with words for at LEAST a month.

Wait a month, get drunk, call all of the old girlfriends you ever had. Not o try to get back together. Its just a rule, do it.

It gets better.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Give yourself some time.

We'd love to have you back.

Don't discount the lives you may have already saved.Your advocacy for 2A may have already convinced someone to get the firearm that will save his or her life next year.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cadet Higham wrote:
My sympathies and regards.

If there's ever anything I can do for you, let me know.

Dave Higham

647-5462

TJ, If there's anything you need.....anything at all, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart....feel free to call Dave Higham at the number above! :celebrate

Seriously bro, I've been there. There is life on the other side, trust me.You already have my number.

xRapidDavex

imported post

TJ, don't forget that you should carry to defend yourself. Sorry that whatever situation you are in makes you feel that you shouldn't carry anymore. You have my number bro, call if you want to chat.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Thanks Guys,

You all for certain has given me some good food for thought and thank you for being my friends.

Never thought that I have really contributed to anything other than letting the LEO community to step down from their "aggressive" approach to OCers.

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Thanks Guys,

You all for certain has given me some good food for thought and thank you for being my friends.

Never thought that I have really contributed to anything other than letting the LEO community to step down from their "aggressive" approach to OCers.

TJ
Are you kidding?!?! You are a very supportive individual around here in our times of need, so we would like to support you in your time of need.