• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Indoor gun range et al opening August 2008 Flint area

LaVere

imported post

"Reported from another site I am just the messenger"

I'm happy to announce that along with a couple of partners I will be opening a new indoor range in Burton Mi (just outside of Flint. It is on Center Rd less than a mine north of I-69.

We purchased an old Woolahan Lumber building and are busy completing the work as I write this post. We expect to open on the 15th of August.

It is a 45,000 sq ft complex and will include the following;

1. A 12 lane handgun range

2. A tactical range of similar size that will accommodate any number
of training scenarios to be set up for civilian or LEO classes.

3. A computer controlled 3-D Archery range

4. A ten lane air rifle range

5. Two classrooms separated by a movable divider that
will accommodate 90 people

6. We have our FFL in place and will have 5000 sq ft of retail space
selling guns, ammo and all other accessories that you will need.

7. A 1200 sq ft Members Lounge, comfortably furnished to include a
a large screen TV and probably some poker tables.

We will be offering both lifetime and annual memberships. We plan on offering special events for members including shooting events, pig roasts and family events.

I have already had conversations with Jeanne we would be happy to make the classrooms available, at no cost, for SAFR meetings.

We also plan to to offer as much training as possible and are open to any suggestions or ideas you may have regarding training possibilities.

We will soon be setting up leagues (both gun and archery) and again are anxious to hear your input as to what you would like to see in this area.

I will keep you all informed as to our progress and whether we make our target date of Aug 15th or not.

If you have any comments or questions feel free to contact me in any way you choose....PM, e-mail, or cell phone at 810-577-6850.

Norm

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

LaVere wrote:
I'm happy to announce that along with a couple of partners I will be opening a new indoor range in Burton Mi (just outside of Flint. It is on Center Rd less than a mine north of I-69.

We purchased an old Woolahan Lumber building and are busy completing the work as I write this post. We expect to open on the 15th of August.

It is a 45,000 sq ft complex and will include the following;

1. A 12 lane handgun range

2. A tactical range of similar size that will accommodate any number
of training scenarios to be set up for civilian or LEO classes.

3. A computer controlled 3-D Archery range

4. A ten lane air rifle range

5. Two classrooms separated by a movable divider that
will accommodate 90 people

6. We have our FFL in place and will have 5000 sq ft of retail space
selling guns, ammo and all other accessories that you will need.

7. A 1200 sq ft Members Lounge, comfortably furnished to include a
a large screen TV and probably some poker tables.

We will be offering both lifetime and annual memberships. We plan on offering special events for members including shooting events, pig roasts and family events.

I have already had conversations with Jeanne we would be happy to make the classrooms available, at no cost, for SAFR meetings.

We also plan to to offer as much training as possible and are open to any suggestions or ideas you may have regarding training possibilities.

We will soon be setting up leagues (both gun and archery) and again are anxious to hear your input as to what you would like to see in this area.

I will keep you all informed as to our progress and whether we make our target date of Aug 15th or not.

If you have any comments or questions feel free to contact me in any way you choose....PM, e-mail, or cell phone at 810-577-6850.

Norm
Sound very nice. Perhaps, if you plan a grand opening you might let us set up an information booth on open carry.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

And seeing that you posted this on OpenCarry.org we should all assume that you wish us to patronize your business and that you are ok with open carry?

I wish you good luck in these trying economic times.

LaVere

imported post

2662183168_5b969df33d.jpg

2661357659_73c0c291d4.jpg

I'll have updated pictures next week or so.

steve

imported post

my company did some work out there, after i found out what is was going to be i have been watching it awaiting the day of it's opening (yay no more drive to BFE to shoot)

Shootingfor600

imported post

Sir,

I am sooo happy to hear that this is going to bea reality. A lot of local residents are members of gun clubs that are 20-30 minutes from home and make shooting too expensive.

I am disappointed that you have not received more press on your venture. I have asked many people in City Hall and at the police station and no one has any clue.

If you need any help, I will assist any way I can. I am a licensed electrician who loves to shoot! :)