Thread: New England Journal of Medicine Editorial

Post imported post

The last time I looked the opinions of doctors do not determine the happiness, safety, and security of a free state, as the people themselves have expressed their sovereign will in the form of the Constitution and not in the form of doctors opinions.

Guns and Health

I wonder what the Weather Channel has to say about the Heller decision? Meteorologists have as much claim to know what is in the best interest of public health. They are Doctors after all! There has got to be some kind of global warming angle they can use to infringe on the rights of the people. Just ask Dr. Heidi "I know what's best for you and the world" Cullen.

Post imported post

The NEJM's take on guns has always been predictably anti-gun, and their editorial board is predictably left-wing. They are quick to publish any study that speaks against firearm ownership, no matter how poorly designed. (I believe they were the first to breathlessly publish the long-discredited Kellerman study that claimed "a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a loved one than an intruder".)

Funny how they've never managed to find a pro-gun article to publish, even though there's plenty of evidence that guns save many lives a year. Laughably, they state at the end of the article that none of the authors had any conflict of interest to divulge. How about revealing the political affiliation of the authors, since the article was clearly more political than medical.

Over-educated fools, all.

Post imported post

And the next time I need medical advice, I will be certain to write a letter to the editors of Guns and Ammo....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

falcon1 wrote:
    And the next time I need medical advice, I will be certain to write a letter to the editors of Guns and Ammo....
    Hahahahahaha.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Here's something that has a bearing on the matter.

It has to do with how reliable articles, papers, etc. really are. Even the ones that cite the sources. Especially the ones that cite the sources.

http://insidehighered.com/news/2008/07/08/citation

I learned about it from a gun blog by a very pro-2A lawyer who was one of the Heller amici, David Hardy. www.armsandthelaw.com

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Part of the "God complex" and why I don't like most doctors I have met socially.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Don't paint us all with the same broad brush. I belong to a group called Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership

http://www.claremont.org/projects/pr...ect_detail.asp

Read it and call me in the morning...you'll feel better!:celebrate

DocV

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks, DocV. Excellent link. Looks like DRGO has their stuff together.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Fantastic link DocV, some great stuff from your people. Glad to have you on Board.

Post imported post

DocV, nice to see a group of docs coming together in that vein. Sounds like you are one of the few MDs I would like
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."