• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

empty holster protest anyone?

Hiredgun30

imported post

why dont we start having empty holster protests in these places that have taken our
rights away.. a group of people with empty holsters walking thru costco would send a message..
I have a gold membership card to get us in.....

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's their property and they can very easily kick you out for staging a "protest" on their property. Unless of course you are going about your business buying stuff with an empty holster on, but then I have to ask how effective of a protest is it giving money to someone who doesn't respect your rights?

Hiredgun30

imported post

I walked around with an empty holster in costco yesterday.
didnt hear anything about it. I didnt buy anything, just broused.
If they want to kick me out for wearing a piece of plastic that is definately their right.
JUST to make a note... nowhere did i see a sign saying it was a holster free zone..

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think they'd kick you out for a holster. By the title "empty holster protest" I got the idea that you would be attempting to draw attention to yourself and be vocal about your displeasure with their policy, all while not actually buying anything. Essentially staging a protest on their private property.

Now it sounds like you're going a little more low key. Still, I prefer the approach of writing letters and staying out of a place where I must go unarmed. If you're willing to be unarmed and protest, it does little to prove the point that you need a firearm for self-defense. My protection is more important than trying to change the policies of a company I can easily avoid.