• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who all OC'ed in Indiana for Open Carry Day and weekend?

Prometheus

imported post

My wife and I both did, as did another friend.

Among the fun...
2 fireworks shows, a parade, several big box stores, restaurants, grocery stores.
Basically 24/7 from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night.

100% positive experiences and not a single negative encounter.

Mordis

imported post

prometheus, other then my experiance with you, i admittedly havnt gotten the cahones up to do it... God i wish more of you lived near me then i could attend more of these meets.

ralphb72

imported post

Yep oc'd to the fireworks, the owner of the establishment where I watched them asked me about it and it turns out he just got his LTCH two weeks ago and we had a nice conversation about it.

Prometheus

imported post

Mordis wrote:
prometheus, other then my experiance with you, i admittedly havnt gotten the cahones up to do it... God i wish more of you lived near me then i could attend more of these meets.

With the exception of Sunday I was OC'ing by myself on thursday and Friday, Saturday my wife OC'ed with me.

You don't have to be in a group, it does help to get yourself more acclimated. I must say the first few times I did it was... 'odd' sort of like when I started carrying concealed for the first time. Now it's second nature.

HKP30

imported post

I carried almost everywhere I went openly over the fourth.

Exceptions were when I went to a company 4th of July party for my wife. And when I went to the mall she works at which would have asked me to leave.

Since I do have to go in there every day... I'd rather not cast waves.