• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit area carry

Michigander

imported post

That reminds me, I think a pretty much all inclusive FAQ Michigan OC sticky would be extremely helpful for newcomers who don't want to have to sort through all the thousands of posts.;)

ghostrider

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Please read EVERY thread here in the Michigan forum. There are many laws you must follow while in possession of a firearm.
Not only that but, you should also know your rights, and how to assert them without being confrontational. Understand that while it's legal, that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there (including fellow gun owners, and LEO's) who are against OC. There are also some LEO’s who are opposed to citizen gun ownership in general.

Know the law. Know your rights. And, know how to act in a given situation before it actually happens.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

botleader wrote:
Any body know if its safe to open carry in wayne county?

Thanks

Welcome to OCDO botleader.

1) As others have already mentioned, read the threads-at least the first page.

2) Do you have a CPL?

3) Please include your location info that will appear below your username.

botleader

imported post

Ya I guess taking the time to notice and read the first post on open carry in Michigan would have helped lol. Yes I have a CPL. I have never seen anybody open carry around here so I wasn't even aware one could. Thanks to all.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

botleader wrote:
Ya I guess taking the time to notice and read the first post on open carry in Michigan would have helped lol. Yes I have a CPL. I have never seen anybody open carry around here so I wasn't even aware one could. Thanks to all.
Glad to help, since you are registered please at least indicate you are from Michigan on your profile. See thread. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192.html

WARCHILD

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I know I know I know!

Yes, it is.

Seems like you have LOTS of reading ahead of you.

And Welcome to OCDO.
Ok Doug; you get a gold star on your calendar for getting a right answer.....:celebrate