• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salt Lake Self Defense.

Dustin

imported post

Pointman wrote:
The police on the scene have no problem, all the customers have no problem, BUT THE DA DOES, and all of a sudden the police are saying the victim contributed to the confrontation (KUTV).

Bad guys on the street aren't the main problem Americans face--it's the bad guys in government that enable street thugs that are the real problem.

Where are you getting all that from.

I watched the video, nothing like that was said at all.

Simply that the shooter was a Vietnam Vet, Black Male, Trying to enjoy dinner, approached by a screaming idiot, who reached for a weapon and got shot by the Vet.

None of this DA, Government junk like your talking about ....

MetalChris

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
In the comments section of the above article:

Brokenhearted - 7/10/2008
Mike was my cousin and I can't accept the way he is being portrayed in the media. He has always been a very gentle, kind, generous and funny person. There has to be more to the story, something has been left out and I wish someone would come forward and tell us exactly what was said and exactly how it happened. Mike may not have been perfect, but he damn sure didn't deserve to be shot down in the street like a dog.
[line]
leslye - 7/10/2008
His name is Micheal Mays..not May.. He was a kind, gentle nad talented man. He was not indigent, homeless or a transient. The security guards life was NOT in jeopardy. They need to take his gun and permit away and do an investigation into manslaughter. Since when is arguing and shouting life threatening. Leslye

thx997303

imported post

So, being as the media is usually very biased against people who use guns in self defense, I think there IS more to the story, but not in Mays' favor.

They have already admitted to him having a drug problem. Drugs make people very unpredictable.

Just my thoughts.