• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arvest Bank, *NO GUNS ALLOWED* on property

Caption Jack

imported post

Possibly AR permit holders haveNOTICEnew signs in place at everyArvest bank in Fayetteville, & I assume the entireNWA area?

Isn't this a littleunfair to permit holders havingaccounts with Arvest bank?The sign alsostates no guns allowed on property. Whatshould /can we doabout this? Thanks, Jack

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Private property is private property and the owners reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

The only thing you can do is make them know you don't care for the policy and take your business elsewhere.

ne1

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Wynder wrote:
Private property is private property and the owners reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

While that should be the case, I related in another thread how Arkansas has repealed the law allowing business owners to deny service. Now if you're open, you've got to serve anyone who shows up.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum11/13117.html
Like I said before, I support any business's right to become private property. Then, when they eventually fail to pay the real estate taxes, perhaps there will be more public property forus all to enjoy.

AbNo

imported post

Wynder wrote:

The only thing you can do is make them know you don't care for the policy and take your business elsewhere.

This is what you should do in any situation.

Ram Rod

imported post

Use the drive thru. Cox Communications offices have the sign posted now as well. But the little pistol with a circle and slash through it do not meet the state mandated criteria of "written warning".