• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk holsters and double stacks 1911

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Depends on the gun. If the slide and trigger guard are the same size, it should work fine. The Serpa CQC does not interact with the grip in any way.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks I was looking at some pictures of that holster and a 1911, and I thought that the grip and the top of the holster just did make contact with each other, that’s why I asked. Thanks

AbNo

imported post

Actually, AP, I've been wondering about the double-stacks, myself?

How does the grip size compare to the single-stack? I've got a Rock Island I've been pretty happy with.

(Also, the BH website doesn't say anything about single or double, so I would PRESUME that it is for either)

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Actually, AP, I've been wondering about the double-stacks, myself?

How does the grip size compare to the single-stack? I've got a Rock Island I've been pretty happy with.

(Also, the BH website doesn't say anything about single or double, so I would PRESUME that it is for either)

The double stacks are a bit thicker then the single stacks. I have owned a P10 Para ordinance 10+1 .45ACP double stack. The grip were nice not too think other than being too short.

I now own a 1911 single stack Springfield, I am looking at buying another 1911 and was looking ata kimber, however after watching a cop have a shootout with 3 thugs, I am thinking a double stack 45ACP 1911 would be better to have. I just hope the BH will work. I will try to contact them and ask, and get back with you on it..

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not sure about how resilient they are to dirt and grind to be honest. But the P-10 I owned was very reliable it only malfunctioned on the cheap Wolf ammo for some reason. At the time I fed it that wolf ammo had only a few hundred round through it.

I would imagine this particular make is just as good as many of the 1911 on the market today, other then the high-end pistols. Para Ordinance is considered a high-end pistol, but I would not say it is as good as Les Barer pistols.

I am doing more reading on the pistol now. I changed my mind about thekimber I was going to buy alloy frames can crack some times, So I think i will go with the steele

I sent Blackhawk an email about their holster, asking if it is compatible with the double stack 1911s I hope to get a reply back soon.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran

Eagleeye

imported post

Sure.

Todd Jarrett Took a Box Stock Single Stack Para-Ordnance 1911 SSP (Model: PX745E B) and put 1000 Rounds through it as fast as he could without cleaning it, letting it cool down or anything.

In short it Functioned Flawlessly and got so hot he could barely stand to hold it or pull the trigger.

Then later (not in the video) after he finished, the Para-Ordnance crew that was there put another 4000 rounds through it (again without Cleaning it) and never had a single problem or Jam.

(Note that this was done with various different brands of ammo, and I am told by some that they even used quite a lot of reloads and Wolf ammo without any problems)

http://www.para-usa.com/record/index.php

I think with that test Para Proved their Reliability in Spades.

AbNo

imported post

Well, I was talking about standing up to dirt and grit, not having a bunch of rounds put through it.

I :shock::shock::shock::shock: well expect it to last up to having a bunch of rounds put through it. ;)

clipboard01ae7.jpg

http://www.advancedtactical.com/sweeneyarticle.pdf

Dirt and grit, how well does it hold up in a SHTF situation where you don't have a cleaning kit, and you might not have a cleaning kit for yourself.... :lol:

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They should as the grip is just above the holster.

One thing though, I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II. A few times lately I noticed that after unholstering my gun the mag was no longer seated. After putting it in the holster and rocking the gun aeound a little the mag release was pushed and it ejected the mag about a 1/4 inch. I just took out the handy Dremel and gound the holster slightly. Everythings fine now.

P.S. The mag release is the factory one not an after market extended one

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
Sure.

Todd Jarrett Took a Box Stock Single Stack Para-Ordnance 1911 SSP (Model: PX745E B) and put 1000 Rounds through it as fast as he could without cleaning it, letting it cool down or anything.

In short it Functioned Flawlessly and got so hot he could barely stand to hold it or pull the trigger.

Then later (not in the video) after he finished, the Para-Ordnance crew that was there put another 4000 rounds through it (again without Cleaning it) and never had a single problem or Jam.

(Note that this was done with various different brands of ammo, and I am told by some that they even used quite a lot of reloads and Wolf ammo without any problems)

http://www.para-usa.com/record/index.php

I think with that test Para Proved their Reliability in Spades.

Thanks so much for taking your time and explaining the video for me. It really sucks having a lot of the sites blocked here, but it is all for the mission so I understand. Yes I read about test fire in in a article recently, and was impressed with the results.

I have not heard back from BH yet, if they sayit does not fit, I may have to modify the holster if I do get the P-O

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
I have a Para 14.45 LDAdouble-stack and Blackhawk! SERPA Level 2 CQC holster. See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/10753-4.html(Wed Jun 25th, 2008 01:44 pm) for how to modify the holster to fit the Para. I highly suggest using the Blackhawk! paddle instead of the belt loop because of the gun's weight when loaded.

The gun is a tack-driver. ( http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/9952-2.htmlpage 2 Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 10:27 am, page 4 Wed Jun 25th, 2008 06:09 pm)No reliability or feed problems. It's heavy because it's all metal, but it is entry match quality. If I used it for serious competition I'd put in a Briley spherical bushing and barreland staged recoil spring. The barrelwould ruin the carry ability because it's too tight for reliability in all weather conditions, so I'd put the original barrel and bushing back in when using the gun for personal-security.

Thanks for the heads up on using the paddle attachment for the holster on the PO. I know these pistols are heavy, but are you in the least bit bothered by there weight of the PO when you carry a full load? I never had an issue with the weight of a gun on me, it is a constant reminder that I my best friend is always by my side ready to take care of me at any giving moment.

Where is what I got back from BH
Jermaine,

Our holster for the 1911 will work fine with your Para Ordinance pistol. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Marilyn Asher
Territory Sales Representative

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
Blackhawk! Sportster (the new, very affordable replacement for the CQC, but only in gray)
They're getting rid of the CQC? I thought the sporster was just an alternative. AFIAK the sporster is made of kydex, not carbon fiber. On Blackhawk's website it says "Paddle and traditional polymer for civilian use. For high threat level environment, use the Original SERPA!"

How does the kydex compare to the origional carbon fiber material?