• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a Kentucky OC get together?

RIAShooter

imported post

This was brought up on another post, I just wanted to see how many people would be interested in putting names with faces. Anyone have an idea for a venue or event feel free to post it.

N00blet45

imported post

I'm in London, KY. That's about 40 miles north of the Tennessee border. It's 10 miles north of Corbin. The best thing I can think of is either range time or lunch time.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you guys ever decide to do something in far western KY I'll try to make it over. Paducah is about 1:15 from me. Out towards E-town, Louiseville, Lexington is too far for a day trip.

tito887

imported post

I'm moving up today. I will be living in campbellsburg ky, 30 minutes north from louisville.

RIAShooter

imported post

I'm thinking E-town is pretty centrally located, if we can get a few more replies we could start a poll and everyone could vote on it, If you guys feel like challenging police officers as to the legalities of open carry, NKY would be the place but that is kinda of far for most people, so I'm willing to go down south.

N00blet45

imported post

There was new member to the forum who posted in another post in the Kentucky subforum and in his post he said he'd like for a get together too. You should count that as one. Maybe we could drag some of those Virginians over the border? I heard Kentucky is a walk in the park compared to Virginia as far as gun laws go.

N00blet45

imported post

We've got about 9 people who've showed interest. That's not including if they decide to bring family or friends. I think we should pick a place and get some more details.

RIAShooter

imported post

Ok well does anyone know how to open a poll on an existing subforum? Or we could just soundoff, I'm willing to go as far as e-town that's about a 3 hour drive for me, and I'm open for any date except for september, I'm getting hitched to Ms. RIAShooter then and gonna be on the honeymoon, but anytime before or after that I'm fine with.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

RIAShooter wrote:
Ok well does anyone know how to open a poll on an existing subforum?

You have to start a new thread to start a poll. Wish I was back home to join you guys this summer but the job hunt is going a little slow.

Statesman

imported post

I'm interested in a get together also. I'd prefer a big cookout with some decent food (no artery destroying white bread, plz?). I voted on the new thread.