• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett jetty Island

phoneguy

imported post

My trip to Jetty Island, Everett, was a very good experience for myself and the Everett employees. I waited in quie for the ferry for about 10 mins. and went upstairs on the deck. I was approached by the captain and she said. “Excuse me sir you can’t bring your side arm on the boat.” I asked her if this was Everett parks and she said yes. I then said please check with your supervisor. She said I will. Came back shortly and said as long as you have a license and do not shoot it or even take it out of the holster because there are children here. I said I understand it never leaves my holster not ever. I offered to show her my CPL but she said no I don’t need to see it, also I told her that open carry in Wa. state is allowed without a “license”.
On my trip back I was greeted kindly by an Everett park Employee and ask what kind of side arm I had. I told him a Fn five seven. He said he likes F.N. and we told gun stories.
Finally when ready to board for the boat, an older lady about my age said if I was an under cover cop or was a federal marshal. I said no I am an ordinary citizen just like you. I said, am sending a strong silent message to the bad guys don’t mess with this old grey hair man. She smiled and said good for you.