• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picture - Logo

mycoldhands

imported post

Couldn’t help to notice that on that top page picture the black gentlemen did not have a gun - was that done on purpose? Any law-abiding citizen has the right to bear arm and protect his family.

Boomer654

imported post

His wife is packing, and assuming he is right handed, his strong side is shielded. Who knows?Maybe she's just a better shot :what:.Note that the 1st woman in the black shirt is not showing a firearm either.

officerjdc

imported post

There is at least one weapon showing on every person orin every group of people, and the two young ladies on the far right are both showing weapons. I think the pictures convey the message they're intended to convey very well, namely that it's acceptable for goodpeople from all walks of life to let their weapons show in public. I see these people in our picturesas representing a boyfreind and girlfriend withthe mancarrying, a single woman who carries, a family with a mother who carries, and two single friends who both carry.

Henry Bowman

imported post

mycoldhands wrote:
Couldn’t help to notice that on that top page picture the black gentlemen did not have a gun - was that done on purpose? Any law-abiding citizen has the right to bear arm and protect his family.

I REALLY hope we're not trying to play the RACE card on this !!! Where is Jessie Jackass and Al Sharpstick when you need them !!!!
Come on there are better things to worry about.

mycoldhands

imported post

No, starting a race riot was not my intention. I simply wanted to start a conversation which seems to be working by how vehemently you replied by calling people name. With the history of the South in regards to Black man and gun one could not help but to wonder.

Jonas Salk

imported post

mycoldhands wrote:
No, starting a race riot was not my intention. I simply wanted to start a conversation which seems to be working by how vehemently you replied by calling people name. With the history of the South in regards to Black man and gun one could not help but to wonder.
Oh give me an effing break, dude. The history of the South? Don't you dare try to throw that crap at an entire region for your own historical ignorance. The entire country--indeed, all of humanity has engaged in slavery. Does this justify it or excuse it? Of course not; but the first African slaves were in Massachusetts, not Virginia.

officerjdc

imported post

I'm well aware that the 2Arefers to aright to keep and bear "arms". My use of the word "weapon" in referring to a firearm is something I picked up during my Army service. Wehadto do pushups for calling an M16 a "gun" rather than a "weapon" and the use of the word that wayhas stuck with me ever since.

In the Army a firearm that is issued as an individual weapon is called a "weapon" while a "gun" refers to either a crew-served weapon such as a machine gun or a larger gun like the main gun found on Abrams tanks and Bradley armored vehicles.

taxwhat wrote:
I see a lot of use of the word weapon is this what 2nd amendment said ?

taxwhat

imported post

officerjdc wrote:
I'm well aware that the 2Arefers to aright to keep and bear "arms". My use of the word "weapon" in referring to a firearm is something I picked up during my Army service. Wehadto do pushups for calling an M16 a "gun" rather than a "weapon" and the use of the word that wayhas stuck with me ever since.

In the Army a firearm that is issued as an individual weapon is called a "weapon" while a "gun" refers to either a crew-served weapon such as a machine gun or a larger gun like the main gun found on Abrams tanks and Bradley armored vehicles.

taxwhat wrote:
I see a lot of use of the word weapon is this what 2nd amendment said ?
Then would it be correct to WMD = bad .../// police arrest bad guys bad guys Cary WEAPONS ....//////? good guys =white hat ,,,/// good guy =firearm , gun , pistol , gun ..////// not trying to net pic oh I know in armed service this is my rifle and this is my gun this for fighting and this is for f**