• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry

wbl9999

imported post

Other than Philly, can a person carry concealed in a place that sells alcohol? Do the same laws apply to a person carrying under the reciprocity law?

Aran

Banned
imported post

There's no restrictions on carrying in places that serve alcohol. Hell, you can be falling-down drunk legally while carrying if you so desire.

wbl9999

imported post

Thank you very much I have a Va concealed and traveling to Gettysburg this weekend and just wanted reassurance. Do you know if the battle fields have restrictions?

Steve in PA

imported post

wbl9999 wrote:
Other than Philly, can a person carry concealed in a place that sells alcohol? Do the same laws apply to a person carrying under the reciprocity law?

The gun laws of PA apply to everyone, whether they have a resident license, non-resident license or a license from a state that has reciprocity with PA.

Also, there are NO laws against carrying in any place that serves alcohol. This includes Philly.

Aran

Banned
imported post

wbl9999 wrote:
Thank you very much I have a Va concealed and traveling to Gettysburg this weekend and just wanted reassurance. Do you know if the battle fields have restrictions?
Pretty sure they're National Parks, so, yes.

DJ TURNz

imported post

Sorry but The Battlefield is a National Park so no carrying there. See you at Bike Week.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

fingers80002

DJ TURNz

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Here's a link showing all the NPS land in and around Gettysburg, Pa.: http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps/maps/showmap.cfm?alphacode=gett&parkname=Gettysburg%20National%20Military%20Park

Just driving into town will make you a felon unless your firearm is secured in the trunk, with the ammunition in a separate container.

Isn't it nice to live in a free country?

Rt 30, rt 15, rt 234, 116, 34, 97, Taneytown Rd, and bus. 15 are all the major roads in and out of G-burg. They are not controlled by the park. There is park land on both sides of some of them, but they can't stop you from driving through on one of these roads. Confederate Avenue, or one of the other Battlefield Roads are a different story.

Now that I think about it though, I did get a speeding ticket from a park ranger while driving on one of these roads, so I may have to question this part.