• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

goodsearch

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I posted on this at THR. Thought I might as well do it here as well.

I am not sure how it works, but goodsearch will donate to a worthy charity when you use their search engine by installing their toolbar.

It turns out the NRA Foundation and the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund are both available as beneficiaries.

I wonder what other worthy charities could benefit.
smile.gif

Ironically, a THR post drove me to the brady campaign facebook site where they advertised goodsearch as being a way to support the brady campaign.

http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

just install the toolbar software and select a charity. if you just type in NRA, it gives you both NRA charity choices in a drop down menu and you can select the one you want.

according to their homepage over $1500 has been donated to the NRA foundation and almost $200 to the NRA civil rights defense fund.

you do get a fair number of paid searches that show up when you do searches, sort of like the way you get them when you google.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

ilbob wrote:
you do get a fair number of paid searches that show up when you do searches, sort of like the way you get them when you google.
If, as I seldom do, I use G00gle then AdBlock and/or NoScript eliminate the sponsored hits. I have allowed only essential G00gle cookies to persist and I don't trust even them so I use Scroogle Scraper http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm for almost all of the advantages of G00gle without the risks.