• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Impromptu last second Bellingham meet

heresolong

imported post

I am headed for work for a couple hours unfortunately. I thought I might have today off. If anyone is interested why don't we meet at Coconut Kenny's for lunch. It is located on James Street just across and up from the Les Schwab tire dealer. Alternatively we could just walk up to Cruisin Coffee and sit on their picnic tables in a busy parking lot and have coffee.

Let's meet at the parking lot at the corner of Alabama and James (Trader Joe's) and make the decision. I will be wearing a "Freedom Isn't Free" M-14 t-shirt with a Combat Veterans International logo on the back. Black with gold lettering. I will be there no later than 11:45. If anyone shows, great, we'll have a chat, coffee, or lunch. If not, I'll have a cup of coffee.

See you there.

heresolong

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
:(OOOH wish I could make it, but have to work. I have been waiting for a gathering up this way.
We'll have more. This one was just last second as there are a couple newbies in town looking to meet up with someone.

I struggle with commiting myself for the same day every month as it seems I have so much stuff going on all the time.

sharp

imported post

Well,
I missed the new thread and its now 11:44. I am trying to call my son but no answer yet. Wish it were mentioned in the old thread. Of course by now your out of computer range so This will be usless. I still have Sunday partially open.

Communication... the answer to all problems and the cause as well.

heresolong

imported post

Well, since I posted the notice about 7:45 and then left for work I wasn't sure if anyone else would make it.

Stopped by my lawyer's office after work and on the elevator down a woman looked at me and said that she felt safer with me around. We had an interesting conversation (short) about how criminals might carry their guns (ie not openly on their belt) and when we got to her floor she patted me on the shoulder, said thanks, and left.

Dropped a couple OC flyers off at the Harley dealer for employees that have asked about my sidearm, then talked to one of the sales guys who I know who asked me about OC on my way out. Also chatted with Robert who I met in the shop and who teaches at a firearms academy in Alaska. Hopefully he will be on here pretty soon as I told him about the site.

Over to Cruisin Coffee. Parked and walked through the drivethrough. A couple cars in line had to have seen the pistol but no one freaked out or called the cops. Got my coffee and had about a half hour of sitting in the sun with the pistol hanging out for everyone to see. No one else made it but it was still a great break on a beautiful day.

Sorry again about the late notice. You missed a great time hanging out with me. :) We'll do it again another time.

heresolong

imported post

sharp wrote:
Well,
I missed the new thread and its now 11:44. I am trying to call my son but no answer yet. Wish it were mentioned in the old thread. Of course by now your out of computer range so This will be usless. I still have Sunday partially open.

Communication... the answer to all problems and the cause as well.
I have a meeting Sunday morning and then am going out to Nooksack with some friends shooting so won't be able to meet up then. Sorry to have missed you. Have your son lurk on here and come to the next get together.

jbone

imported post

This sucks, I was watching otherthread for event.