• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does anyone do this?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I have several pistols, of which I might carry. IF I am packing any of them, the are all carried with one in the pipe.

When packing the Taurus PT92AFS, the hammer is down and the safety is on.

When packing my EAA Witness 10mm, the hammer is cocked and the safety is on.

When packing my Walther P38 (post WWII production) the hammer is down and the safety is off.

squisher

imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
Alwayspacking wrote:
... A 1911 only allows about 2-3cm of error if the weapon does malfunction, or just one SIMPLE act of carelessness then BOOM you have a Wal-Mart discharge.:banghead:
FYI, 2 to 3 centimeters is a bit over an inch. That said, what exactly does "2-3 cm of error" mean? That unless you pull the trigger 2-3cm it won't discharge? Stay 2-3cm away from children's fingers, hooks, and corners? Your post doesn't seem to make much sense.
I agree with Bill.

It boils down to one of the bigger safety rules.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

I had to use, it's too funny and true not to.

2-3CM is a LOT of room for error honestly. If it makes you feel better, use the thumb safety, but I wouldn't be too worried about it w/ a 1911. My Taurus doesn't have a grip safety, so I use the thumb safety.

Heck, a typical glock doesn't have anything more than an extra part to their trigger for a safety, and they're just fine. (Just not my preference -- I just don't like how they shoot).