• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Front Sight Academy

icode

imported post

Just wondering - they've got a special going that seems pretty good...

Shane.

Edit: When I posted this I saw the ad for Front Sight :)Opinions???

i_chance_all

imported post

I go there and love it... I must say it was some of the best training I have ever got.. I got a LEO membership and use it often...

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My Dad and I both took the 4 day Defensive Handgun class there over Memorial Day weekend last year. It was a terrific experience. We each have a couple certificates to go back.

If I didn't have such a busy schedule with work and 4 kids, I would own a life membership and go frequently. No doubt about it.

Good info, good people, nice range, great time. I've not yet spoken to a single person who went and didn't like it. Every single naysayer I've ever read had not actually attended a class there.

icode

imported post

Thanks so far... I'm actually asking for my father in law and brother in law. I've converted my FIL and he wants for him and his wife to get trained and armed. I can't afford Front Sight :(The free gun with classes looks like one hell of an offer and I've reccommended it to them, but I thought I'd check with y'all.

Shane.

icode

imported post

bobernet wrote:
My Dad and I both took the 4 day Defensive Handgun class there over Memorial Day weekend last year. It was a terrific experience. We each have a couple certificates to go back.

If I didn't have such a busy schedule with work and 4 kids, I would own a life membership and go frequently. No doubt about it.

Good info, good people, nice range, great time. I've not yet spoken to a single person who went and didn't like it. Every single naysayer I've ever read had not actually attended a class there.
Where is it actually located???

icode

imported post

OK, I thought it was closer to us than that :(

BTW We're going shooting this weekend, probably tomorrow evening, so it's a little cooler. Anyone up for it???

yeahYeah

imported post

he said they are valued at $1200 clams, so i think i will do it, but i need to get my bride to come with me. she is harder to convince of this stuff then me.

irish

imported post

I am a lifetime member and have certificates..... somewhere!?!?! If you're interested in attending Front Sight please let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

I

inNV

imported post

Seems a little steep to me. Keep the grand, get a few vids and go to the desert and train yourself. Hate to say it, but it seems to be a rip-off.

But to each his own..

shotdown

imported post

Certificates for FS can be found on Ebay for around $100 for the 4 day defensive courses. Most of them are for first timers only but you'll see some around for any student wishing to attend. I graduated from the 4 day defensive handgun course there.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I may be able to find you a certificate locally too.

shotdown

imported post

I'll check ebay again when I get home. You have to keep checking on them because they sell quickly. If any of you are interested in purchasing one, let me know so I can ask my friend how many he has and how much he's selling them for. Last time he told me he had two because he couldn't find the rest. I wouldn't be surprised if people raised their prices. Either way, it's better than paying $1200.

irish

imported post

I have about a dozen of these certificates that I got with my membership a few years ago. Right now I'm in Denver on business but will be flying back to Vegas this afternoon so if anyone's interested I can find them in my files and we'll work something out.

Marco

imported post

Shane,
I've attended numerous courses at Front Site and enjoyed everyone.
The first course I took was the 4-Day handgun course at their CA facility all the other courses were in NV.

I don't agree with everything they teach but that happens.

Sorry for the short notice but there isa Knife training seminar in LV @ UNLV this weekend 8/23-24

http://www.hockscqc.com/seminars/index.htm

Here is another place that offers excellent training and is closer than Pahrump.
http://pfctraining.com/

Marco

P.S.
This isn't training per say but check to see if Desert Sportsman still runs Paladin shoots, membership isn't required to shoot these.
The shoots are setup in stages, each shooter should have about 100-200 rounds of handgun ammo and 25-50 rounds eachof shotgun and rifle ammo at least one extra magazine and holder and a quality holster.
The persons running the shoot usually required everyone to draw from concealment except LEO/SO using duty gear, however exceptions are made.

The Paladinshoots helped mebuild my skill level and work out kinks in my gear.
The man vs man shoots let you gauge your skill against others and down right fun.:lol:

I haveno dog in this fight.

Edit:
removed dead link